name that tune (old? british?)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

actually given the medium, content, poster, et c. et c. this might qualify as the most revenant hallowe'en submission..

this is probably an old big band classic, but i can't find anyone who knows what it is. if it's "mine," i'll die of shame. it's such a f**king beautiful tune.

had to click it into a grid, it wasn't fun.. so sorry it's rough and brief. but if you think you've heard it elsewhere, even if you can't name it, for gossakes let me know..

http://www.xoxos.net/unknown_melody.mid

isn't it nice.
Last edited by xoxos on Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

i have no idea but it is very nice. i'll ask my wife when she gets back. she'll probably know. :) good to see you posting again.

It's Buddy Holly + Hoagy Carmichael + a pinch of Sam Cooke

which of course didn't previously exist.

Looks like you'll be dying of shame. :)

Take your time - I'll split the vodka with you.

There’s definitely a touch of Hoagy in there. Then again, there’s a touch of Hoagy in all the best songs. The intro sounds a bit like Rocking Chair (but not quite as good).
Hoagy Carmichael was a genius. Stardust and Georgia on my Mind are two of the greatest songs ever written.

"Dream a Little Dream"...or something like that :)

taint 'dream a little dream,' but are you sayin that you def. have heard it & the title's just sumpin like that?? :p

the way i hear it ("fully formed" as john says) is sorta the lower-fi earlier-40s or 30s big band, much in th estyle of 'moonlight serenade' that intro bit is repeated in different rhythms (there's a phrase on an 8th somewhere that uses one of the rhythms)

if no one's heard it then i'm the bloody reincarnation of glenn miller and he was tryin to get this one down when he went down or some shit ;p

aaaaaaaaarrrrrggggh
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

It's a cursed melody!
Buddy Holly? Glen Miller?
Take credit for the tune but avoid flying.

hope it realises it's running out of inductees :p

bump

anyone?? :shrug:

I'll check my address book for big band afficionados...

one last bump for the morning/busy hour.. :p

british peeps, you wouldn't mind playing this for your parents, would you? i know it's crap, but i'm *seriously* freaked out as to why the rest of the world doesn't instantly recognise this, like i reincarnated because didn't get a chance to put this one down or something. i don need no more "i'm nuts!" kinda stimuli, feel me?

:shrug: gracias

oh but i do recognise it

from where though?

same as you. that's the question, isn't it? :)

doesnt sound that pretty through granulab :o

does sound a bit like "dream a little dream" but not quite :?
Phil

"The fool who persists in his folly will become wise" - William Blake
*No more band for me* | **My Host**

Return to “Music Cafe”