Long Time Ago

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a progressive rock song called "Long Time Ago". It is the result of a collaborative effort, and is posted here with special thanks to "the theory of one" for providing the vocals and William Allen Cowger for the guitar.

Comments are welcome.

Thanks for listening.

The link:
Long Time Ago

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

This is bloody amazing. I'm very, very much in awe of this.

Everything is just perfect in every way 10/10

one, this is your best vocal performance by far. it's just perfect.

Fred, amazing keyboard work, especially that superb piano part.

kwac, superb playing and a great sound.

The mix and production is fantastic.

The three of you gell so well on this track you'll have to do more. This is a stunning piece of work. You should all be really proud of yourselves. :band2:

Hi fred

It came out great!!

what did you end up using to master this?

Original Site: http://www.thetheoryofone.com

New site: Image

Dude, this is awesome!

I love this place...
Audio-s

hey the virtual band,well done.It is a style that is familiar...from a long time ago.....can't quite put my finger on it.I would have liked the guitar up in the mix a bit,especially after the dazzling piano intro.

Very good!!!

Thanks Blipp, fateamenabletc, and Sepheritoh for taking the time to listen and comment. I'm glad you liked it :D

one, yeh, I liked the way it turned out too. I had some pretty good help :singer:

The only thing on the master was Ozone3. Its the first time I used it, but I like it a lot. Maybe next time I'll try the presets :lol:

btw, they have some great emoticons on this site 8)
but I couldn't find one for kwac :( ...maybe he'll like this one :bang:

Hi Fred

I've got ozone too though I use it with Vitage Warmer. Thios came out good It's not too compressed.

Original Site: http://www.thetheoryofone.com

New site: Image

I like this too altho I don't listen to alot of Prog much anymore (did recently buy a Marillion cd) The mix and the production sounds very good and has a sound similar to what was coming out of the 70's which fits it very well. Nice job. 8)

Hi

I'm listening to you track at the moment and I must say I realy like the piano intro!

I'm at 1:10 right now and the beat has just started. I realy like the production! It sounds realy good. The guitar fits the track awesome!

It's not the kind of music I listen to a lot, it's a bit to hard for me, but I still think it's an awesome production!

Regards,

Marando
http://www.soundclick.com/marando
Music... life would be boring without it.

Cool Track
Can you tell us what you played and did on it.
Paul

good tune. I agree with fate, boost the guitar in the verse just a wee bit.

Hi Soniccat, Marando, Paul, and bluedad! I really appreciate the time you took to listen and comment.
manytone wrote:Cool Track
Can you tell us what you played and did on it.
Paul
Thanks for asking :)
The host was Cakewalk's Project5. The piano (Dimension), drums (velosity), and strings (Dimension) come with P5. The organs were NI B4, and the bass from Slayer2 (really!). The vocal .wavs were courtesy of "theory of one" and guitar .wavs from William Allen Cowger (affectionately known as (kwac) :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”