Soleil Vert, experimental music

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! Can I present you my electronic music experiments with Soleil Vert. All my tracks are made with eXT and free plugins. They were all recorded live in one pass, as I like to captures different takes and choose the best.

Here are two of them.

Une nuit préhistorique
Song page

Le rêve d'Icare
Song page

Wow! I really like both of those. Excellent stuff!
Image Image

hi,

only listened to Une nuit préhistorique so far, great stuff, impressive :) i'll give the other a listen.

are you using eXT in live mode? it's a great tool 8)

i guess it's impossible to post a screenshot, being on soundclick, but it'd be interesting to see how you configure things.

anyway, thanks for sharing

regards

Oooh, not bad at all, some sweet sounds especially considering its all free plugins etc, just shows that you don't need a load of expensive softs to get something good and interesting.

I must say that i'm sure i've heard the main melody line of 'Une nuit préhistorique' somewhere before... I think it was Requiem For a Dream, that films soundtrack had a near identical melody.

Really liked the intro lead/pad sounds at the start of your second tune, a great ear for melody overall in fact. I'm not a big fan of Acid though but I can enjoy the melodies instead. :)

Anyway, really nice performances too, very listenable and also held my attention for the majority of the song which is important and I feel people who are experimenting must not forget to maintain a listeners interest.

Thank you all! It is a nice community of people here... :)

for knockman:

As for my eXT setup, it is all done with midi part COMP, arpegiators COMPS etc in the main window. I use a keyboard controller with pots and switches, so I start and stop things, move sliders for fades and all, animate cutoff and parameters, while playing on the keyboard some mega animated synth layers (splits,layered sounds, some with arp on it etc).

As for VSTs, in those two songs up there I heavily use Augur, for arps and pads at the same time... it is all over the place. For the rest there is Psychic Modulation`s free drums (I love this guy`s stuff), ambient samples, and lots of processing. The main thing about my setup, is to find something that I can all trigger and play live... every piece is elastic, every take different.

Return to “Music Cafe”