Mellonia : The sound of modelonia [TC-jazz-ambient]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all

Been beta testing and making presets for NuSoftings new Modelonia VST plug...its quite cool, and came up with this piece.

Mellonia

http://www.wusik.com/song.php?id=985

3 instances
a pad, a hybrid sax and a bass ( all my own presets of course!)

Comments welcome

Is it an additive kind of synth, it looks pretty versatile ?

Quite sensitive and spontaneous piece of music for me,... the part of the hybrid sax reminds me of the early Joe Zawinul's solo albums

Very, very good. Smooth and sensual. Great tune, great new synth.

Krakatau wrote:Is it an additive kind of synth, it looks pretty versatile ?

Quite sensitive and spontaneous piece of music for me,... the part of the hybrid sax reminds me of the early Joe Zawinul's solo albums
hey Thanks..no..it's Physical Modeling, thus the name of the plug: Modelonia. so..its synthesis. No samples.These were only a few of the sounds. Luigi has been posting for a while some his ( and others) demo's as well. You can get plucked to strings, to horn and flute sounds. Very different sounding and not a VA synth at all..which is quite refreshing these days :-)

oh..BTW, this was my first piece done in eXT ! Getting used to the sequencer. All this time, I was just using it as a sound design tool, and now discovered the sequencer ..where have I been??

TC - nicely done!

The more I hear of this synth, the more I want it ;)

Will you be making the patches you used available to us mortals?

regards,
pj

pj geerlings wrote:TC - nicely done!

The more I hear of this synth, the more I want it ;)

Will you be making the patches you used available to us mortals?

regards,
pj
YEP..I like to share'em with you mortals :-)

( 'cuase'i'm a hobbit..really ) :lol:

This is awesome :hail: Respect to both Liqih and Tim!

The lead thingy sounds more like a violin than a sax to me, but the whole thing is so fluid and expressive it doesn't remotely matter.. In fact the surrealness of the sounds adds to the eeriness of the piece.. They sound like exotic folk instruments from an undiscovered planet :cool:
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

griels wrote:This is awesome :hail: Respect to both Liqih and Tim!

The lead thingy sounds more like a violin than a sax to me, but the whole thing is so fluid and expressive it doesn't remotely matter.. In fact the surrealness of the sounds adds to the eeriness of the piece.. They sound like exotic folk instruments from an undiscovered planet :cool:
actually..I was thinking this myself..the lower end sounds like a sax, then when you go to higher registers..its like a violin, or even harmonica :-)

Hello.... this is very good. :love:

....nice feel to it and I love the bass sound.
What did you say Modelonia,... must take a look.

Thanks for sharing. :wink:

I really like the lead sound.... This is no way to keep my self-imposed ban on buying new soft synths!

a soothing ride, the lead play and work on the pitch wheel was exceptional,
very nice

:D

"then when you go to higher registers..its like a violin, or even harmonica"

Got to agree, I thought more harmonica, but a nice sound anyways.

:D fake
You cant beat people up then have them say "I love you"

Great bass and and flutish/harmonica sound, all around great track!!! :love:

Tim as usual amazes me with his ability to get beutiful tones
from any new or old synth,

this hybrid sax harmonica he carved out of Modelonia is so sweet,

and you're also a great performer Tim, beautiful solo indeed,

thanks!

(for other Modelonia sound examples people may check
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=106293 )

Yeah, I thought it was kind of sax, kind of harmonica . . . but also when it was played fast it sounded kind of like a harmonium. Very interesting. I really love sounds that sit on the edge. Like the Mellotron flute solos that Edgar Froese used in some old Tangerine Dream stuff--they sounded like real flutes, but then they sounded synthetic, being in both places at the same time. There's something magical about that. Same thing here.

Love it :love:

Return to “Music Cafe”