Wall Of Drums !!!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is the missing link: :D

http://www.geocities.com/zippy_dooda/drumloop3.wav

Right click and save as. Hopefully there will be more bandwidth left.

24 bit/48 khz 156 bpm.

Kriminal wrote:
herodotus wrote:Here is mine.
its only half length ???
:dog:

Although this of course is a 'length' of a specifically musical sort. :wink:

This little fun exercise could go on quite long considering people are taking care of sound levels and dimming out the current drums, (then mixing their contribution much higher) The latest one by WoJ is a fine example. The original loop you can barley hear.

I think the end result will sound very complex with lots of quiet drums that just stuff up the mix and make the overall drum loop muddy.

xsub wrote:This little fun exercise could go on quite long considering people are taking care of sound levels and dimming out the current drums, (then mixing their contribution much higher) The latest one by WoJ is a fine example. The original loop you can barley hear.

I think the end result will sound very complex with lots of quiet drums that just stuff up the mix and make the overall drum loop muddy.
I concur.

But everybody is also just submitting beats. Drums also includes percussions. Not just boom bam boom boom bam. Anyway I liked the idea.

..i actualy cant tell if xsub is being sarcastic :hihi: but watever, sorry if my contribution was too loud :shrug:

Doesn't matter. I enjoyed it. What could be cool is doing a whole track but using a sampler like shortcircuit free and exporting a midi file. Anybody can do it in their host and the downloads would be quite smaller.

Another suggestion would be with energy XT (if everybody has it) cuz you can export parts and you have an onboard sampler.

paradiddle wrote:Doesn't matter. I enjoyed it. What could be cool is doing a whole track but using a sampler like shortcircuit free and exporting a midi file. Anybody can do it in their host and the downloads would be quite smaller.

Another suggestion would be with energy XT (if everybody has it) cuz you can export parts and you have an onboard sampler.
will you start an eXT project ?

can be fun :-)

Sounds very good to me. :) If more people are interested we can do it here. If not well maybe just a collab via e-mail?

maybe but be aware that I dont have much time atm it might take lots a time for a longer song here :-(

sorry but it would be certainly fun and a good exercise for me ;-)

Kriminal wrote:Had this daft idea....
Maybe you were right, mate....

NAD wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Had this daft idea....
Maybe you were right, mate....
Even though i did say the reuslt will sound mushy doesn't mean i disapprove of the idea, it's a little fun thing which you can gain experiance from.

If anyone wanted to know how i made such effects on my version they could ask me and i'd happily say, just like with everyone else.

Not much point complaining, it's a good community thing to further gain knowledge:)

some of them were quite good. Its also fun to use the original as a sdiechain trigger to play over the final loops ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”