If you're going...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a song of hope.....

sorry :oops:

this is a piece in the vein of "Donut" (on my website) - another DADA inspired piece using found samples of a speech treated using Reaktor's granular effects and built up into layers. As before the ai was to interect musically with the speech patterns and content but without intentionally writing a "backing track" - rather the musical elements were created seperately and fitted afterwards based largely on meter.

Although originally intended as a satirical piece I found myself captivated by this woman's little quirks of speech - which the granular layers pick out and accentuate - and although it has a funny and absurd side to it I get a real feeling of poignancy and sadness from it too.

If you're going

strange but it reminded me of the piano tune in Evil Dead just before the girl disappeared, sad maybe, but kinda cloudy and haunting,
very interesting stuff, like it

strange is probably the word....:)

An interesting idea....the sound itself is a manifestation of passion......I think if it didn't have the chipmunk effect but just the other fragments in a treated fragment but "natural" voice tone this would sound like someone going insane with the piano a just playing on regardless like the orchestra on the Titanic.
Pushing the boundaries that's for sure.

Hi Fatc
this is an unusual track but I think it works well in the end
very interesting feel I get from the voices. Each one is different...
thanx for sharing
Cheers

fateamenabletochange wrote:I think if it didn't have the chipmunk effect but just the other fragments in a treated fragment but "natural" voice tone this would sound like someone going insane with the piano a just playing on regardless like the orchestra on the Titanic.
Actually this is something I've experimented with too but not finished yet. You can get some very subtle changes using Travelizer from Reaktor and I haven't stopped exploring this with my monologue based pieces. The chipmunk effect was kept in this piece because it adds to the craziness but funny craziness as opposed to crazy craziness. But I like crazy craziness too.

it will never be pop music,go for crazy the horror craziness.
btw I love the all seeing eye

Return to “Music Cafe”