Boards of Canada Remix

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a remix of "A Moment of Clarity" from BoC's latest album. If you have not heard the original you can listen here:

http://www.bleep.com/current_item.php?s ... WARP123_DM

Ever since I first listened to this track I could not stop humming a melody along to it, so I spent four hours last night creating this mix to get it out of my head :D The remix is heavy on effects, especially compression :shock: Created using Reason, but I added some Doctor Who style effects from my Doepfer modular towards the end.

AMoC - Perfect Dark Mix - 6.6mb - 192k mp3 file

And yes, it does sound a little too close to a BoC track :)
Funk Station - Online Sampling Resource

Planet Bliss - Chilled Electronic

Very nice, liked it alot.
Mac Pro 2x3.3 GHz X5680 64GB RAM - RME RayDAT - RME ADI-8 DS - Audeze LCD2 - Neurochrome HP-2 - Mackie C4 Pro

I like the composition, but the mix is too muddy and boomy for my taste. IMO you need to sort out the low freq area in the mix.
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

With all the compression going on the track has turned out bass heavy.

bliss000 wrote:With all the compression going on the track has turned out bass heavy.
Why not use a multiband compressor and leave the bass untouched? As it is, the bass is sucking the life out of everything else. I like the ideas in this, but that compression makes it unenjoyable to listen to. Just my 2 cents.
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

freeztar wrote:
bliss000 wrote:With all the compression going on the track has turned out bass heavy.
Why not use a multiband compressor and leave the bass untouched? As it is, the bass is sucking the life out of everything else. I like the ideas in this, but that compression makes it unenjoyable to listen to. Just my 2 cents.
Nice idea freeztar, I will try that.

Return to “Music Cafe”