Kind-of-synth-pop with greek vocals.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A friend of mine wrote some greek lyrics and asked me to write some music for them. I did but then I decided that I couldn't sing the song myself, so I asked a [female] friend of mine to come over and sing over it. And then I asked my cousin Stefanos to come and add a guitar solo in a strategic moment :hihi:

The result it right here:

http://www.pualah.com/Stigmes.mp3

My friends suggested to me that I should keep all the 'studio' chatter and stuff because they liked it and thought it gave it a more 'live' dimension. I still think that perhaps they ought to be toned down but for now, that's what exists. :D

Comments welcome, as always. I'll post a translation of the lyrics tomorrow cos I have to go to bed now :D

very nice :) wish my dentist played music like this.

of course i have no idea what the lyrics are, but it sounds like something from 'songs for the jetset', or the stuff on el, siesta and tricatel labels, which represent the modern psychedelia for me. or a greek version of os mutantes 8)

i don't mind the studio banter, and the guitar is very 'strategic' - lovely piece all round

regards

wow, this is a far cry from 'dusk falls on the wasteland'
really cool, I like it.

knockman wrote:very nice :) wish my dentist played music like this.

of course i have no idea what the lyrics are, but it sounds like something from 'songs for the jetset', or the stuff on el, siesta and tricatel labels, which represent the modern psychedelia for me. or a greek version of os mutantes 8)

i don't mind the studio banter, and the guitar is very 'strategic' - lovely piece all round

regards
Thanks knockman! :D We must be listening to the exact same stuff! I love stuff on Siesta, I recently got a Mild Euphoria CD and it was very cool. Great label, I also like Elefant and Marina, both very cool too. :D Glad you find it psychedelic too. :) 8)

bluedad wrote:wow, this is a far cry from 'dusk falls on the wasteland'
really cool, I like it.
Hehe, that track really left an impression on your soul. :D I'm a bit more melodic recently, I've sold out to the man. :D

*bump* for the lyrics translation I promised but failed to deliver so far:

Verse I

No, don't ask why

An ethereal moment

Is the reason I live

In this world

Verse II

No, don't ask why

The world's so small

And life even smaller
(meaning 'shorter')

Like August rain