tet a tet - blaster78

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i've been messing with audiomulch a bit recently and was reading the sound on sound interview with keiran hebden. i decided to have a play about with an "homage" to what i consider one of the best albums ever (rounds)

all my own work, but i think you can hear the influence :wink:

as always, any comments suggestions etc are very welcome.

tet a tet

cheers,

steve.

Need to fix timing/tuning of ac. guit, esp. since you repeating it so much :)... still listenin'

Nice changeup @ 2:46 approx

Track kept me interest... A good thing

Maybe a softer (ie. diff) beat would work better. Unless you are going for that clash

Not bad

actualy both the tuning, timing and clash of the beat were intentional :oops:

glad you enjoyed it despite all of that though :hihi:

cheers,

steve.

nice work Steve, I like it!
when I got my Big Baby Taylor acoustic,
I recorded a tune called 'baby rounds'
need I mention the influence?
8)

blaster78 wrote:actualy both the tuning, timing and clash of the beat were intentional :oops:

glad you enjoyed it despite all of that though :hihi:

cheers,

steve.
Well, you did your job well, then :) As far as the mixing, etc... some tweaking could be done, but nothing stuck out like a sore thumb

thanks gary, glad you enjoyed it.

cheers,

steve.

well I haven't heard Rounds to comment on the influence, although Everything Ecstatic is one of very few albums I threw out after very few listens on the grounds that it's total shite (IMHO of course!).

This on the other hand is pretty nice. Love the edits and I actually like the dirty drums as they are... good stuff Steve.

Nice music. but I think the snare and hihats sounds are not really good. so, May be you can change other samples to snares.
Do you think producing music is terrible?

Well done steve !
I enjoyed it, I like the sounds you used here.
it seems real and breathing. Guitar is bit repetitive but I guess this is intentional...
nice mood

Cheers

thanks guys, the crunchy f**ked up drum sounds are intentional as is the repetitive guitar.

@laguna - the living, breathing thing was the feel i was going for, trying to be a bit less precise than i normally am.

i am glad you all enjoyed it.

@cypher - rounds is a much, much better album than everything ecstatic, you might still not like it but i would recommend giving it a listen.

cheers,

steve.

Return to “Music Cafe”