First song with vocals...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all!

I have created my first song with vocals now. I really need hints how I can make it better. You can find it here:

http://www.soundclick.com/fhangor
(It's the song on main page: Hold Me Tight)

Please tell me:

How can I do a better recording of the voice? (P and T's are sometimes too harsh)
Used Mic: Sennheiser E-845 S

What about a better mix?

And at last of course: do you like it?

Thanx for response
Fhangor
Last edited by Fhangor on Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FLStudio - 24 Synths - 6 Effects - I am crazy

By the way: the song was completely done with FLStudio 5.02! Only soundfonts are used... :)

nice song and vocal. vocals may be just a bit too loud overpowering the music.
still a nice job on the vocal, and I like the refrain with the harmonies.
for the sharpness of the p and t's, it may be easier to control with mic technique while singing. Then again, it drives me mad as well on my tunes..perhaps try spitfish or voxformer compressors

Ok, I will try reduce the volume on vocals...

Fhangor wrote:Ok, I will try reduce the volume on vocals...
not by much!

Some stated that the instruments are to monophonic. How can I make an soundfont output sound like stereo?

Fhangor wrote:Some stated that the instruments are to monophonic. How can I make an soundfont output sound like stereo?
I don't know FL... I guess it comes with a sampler, and that's what you use the soundfonts in? You could always route the sampler's output to some FX... Use different settings on each channel, or go for a stereoiser, or whatever effect that turns mono input into stereo out.

Nice song.
The vocals aren't faultless throughout IMO, but they're OK I guess. You might want to put more effort into that (do more takes, take some classes, use Voxformer...), or get a singer.
I like this composition, it has a Tull kinda charm, and the vocal harmony.
I don't like the pad stabs at the end - IMO the pad sound is too dull to be put up front in the mix, it's OK as backing earlier though.
The backing is a little silent in the very beginning IMO.

I'm having trouble with soundclick, sometimes your tune stops after a while :?

Return to “Music Cafe”