Gathering at the Gates of Sound (ambient work in progress?)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been working on a new track and as ussual not sure whether I am finished or not(I hate having to decide these things) I sorta feel that I am almost there (eq and final mix still pending) but feel there is something more to do to this, maybe make it longer, maybe even inviting someone to collab on this, or maybe just clean up any unwanted parts. I just can't decide. :?

The volume on this is still a bit low but I have some parts that are louder than others so I am not sure what it will finally be. :?:

Anyway here it is, and any critique will be useful. 8)

http://www.sonicera.com/Gathering%20at% ... 0Sound.mp3

ooh this is headed somewhere eerily sweet yet dark around the edges :)
nice layering of the different sounds
nice transitions
music to sit back in my cockpit as i traverse the stars! 8)

vurt wrote:ooh this is headed somewhere eerily sweet yet dark around the edges :)
nice layering of the different sounds
nice transitions
music to sit back in my cockpit as i traverse the stars! 8)
Thanks John, like your discription, sweet and dark, like a good chocolate should be.

Hey did you ever get your Telescope, this is the soundtrack to your gazing. 8)

yeah i have the scope mark kindly gave me,unfortunately in britan we very rarely get clear nights :cry:

had a few really cool nights tho through summer,me the boy and some tuunes in the garden :)

vurt wrote:yeah i have the scope mark kindly gave me,unfortunately in britan we very rarely get clear nights :cry:

had a few really cool nights tho through summer,me the boy and some tuunes in the garden :)
Cool, yea Britain is not the place to be, you need to head out to the American southwest for total clear skies. Some day. 8)

i've had several listens now ...

there is something about the high pitched string-ish patch , in the opening segment , i'm not liking ...

the strength of this track arrives at the transition occuring around the 2.20mn mark ...
this is simply brilliant ...
the occaisional dark rumbling sets off the ethereal pad work ,
and the subtle rhythm imposed by the organ-ish patch carries the track ...

another solid effort , from you ...

normal wrote:i've had several listens now ...

there is something about the high pitched string-ish patch , in the opening segment , i'm not liking ...

the strength of this track arrives at the transition occuring around the 2.20mn mark ...
this is simply brilliant ...
the occaisional dark rumbling sets off the ethereal pad work ,
and the subtle rhythm imposed by the organ-ish patch carries the track ...

another solid effort , from you ...
Hey thanks norm, yes I have to agree that those strings sounds are a bit piercing, I will have to see if I can rolloff some treble and add a little low end to that track.

That dark rumbling you hear comes from a patch in Dimension and I felt it added a nice contrast to the pads so I am glad that worked. At one point it was a bit loud so I sorftened it up a bit and seems to work fine.

Thanks for the listen and critique. 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”