I know, I know - it's a cover...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Because I'm worried about a discussion had earlier about releasing original material here, I thought I'd at least share this - it's one of my favourite songs, Hallelujah - http://www.simonwatson.com.au/kvr.htm

I heard this song for the first time while watching Shrek, and was blown away by it. I've since listened to the Jeff Buckley version, because punters were telling me my version was pretty similar, and, er, it made me nearly stop playing the bloody thing...

Anyway, hope you like it! It's my first recording with my new piano - a 20 year old Yamaha. I love it!

(recorded from the back, with 2 Audio Technica 3031's pointing at the soundboard, about two thirds of the way up)

Cheers!

b.
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

so did or didn't you like Jeff's version.... I gotta admit I never heared Leonard's version... will listen to yours now though

boogooloo1 wrote:Because I'm worried about a discussion had earlier about releasing original material here
b.
what discussion was this??
dling your tune now.

not quite finished listening yet..but first impression - great piano (good choice, too)
and that vocal! wow! what a voice!

god.... I guess I have never heared a song of yours... (well one you are playing anyway)

this is AMAZING ....way better than the versions I heared before... I love the Piano your voice is slightly Jeff Buckley but THAT isn't a bad thing...

completely amazing

totally different from what is to be heared here normally... in an awesomly good way...

DAMN have I said how much I enjoy this.....

god your voice is great

and your playing is just awesome....

I love Jeff Buckley's take on the song, and I think you are doing a great version of it. I wish I could play and sing like this.
helge

HELP! MY TYPEWRITER IS BROKEN!
E E CUMMINGS

damn this song is on repeat now....

I gotta say this is the first song since Resonance left that I absolutely love (not just like very much)

now post a song of yourself and get signed you bastard ;)

wow, what a beautiful version :love:

great performance on both vocals and piano, thanks for sharing it with us.

boogooloo1 wrote:
Anyway, hope you like it! It's my first recording with my new piano - a 20 year old Yamaha. I love it!

(recorded from the back, with 2 Audio Technica 3031's pointing at the soundboard, about two thirds of the way up)

Cheers!

b.
Well, that is some performance! Amazingly good singing...

/fcd

Whoa. You actually got me to google up the lyrics. That's how engaged I was. Great playing. Great singing. And beautiful interpretation. You really hit this one out of the ballpark.

Second listen now - after having read the lyrics and listened a bit to Jeff and Leonard. But you're the one bringing tears to my eyes. This is really moving.

Fantastic musicianship, and very emotive... You have a great voice.. Doesn't move me as much as the Jeff Buckley version but not a lot does :)

Look forward to hearing more stuff from you :)
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

griels wrote:Fantastic musicianship, and very emotive... You have a great voice.. Doesn't move me as much as the Jeff Buckley version but not a lot does :)

Look forward to hearing more stuff from you :)
I only have a Live version from Jeff and gotta say it's not as good as this one... will have to look out for a studio version then I guess ;)

Well you're a honey-voiced devil aren't ya? :hihi:

Fantastic taste and restraint on this. The reharmonization toward the end was a nice touch, too. Do you take requests? If so, I'd love to hear you tackle Jim Croce's song called "Lover's Cross". You could really tear into that one I think.

-S

You talented swine - give this man a record deal :)
eh?

Return to “Music Cafe”