French guy tryin' to sing brit'pop/rock music!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys,

I (try to) write brit'pop/rock songs and I recorded few songs with my small home studio.
I would be really glad to have your opinion since it's not that comon to have a french guy trying to write brit'pop music :oops: !

Tell me what you honestly think about:
- Alright (mp3, 192kbit) > really poppy song
- Pull the Trigger (mp3, 192kbit) > more rock

They are all available on :
http://www.rexet.com

Thx a lot mates

PS: I would really appreciate to get some english message on my guestbook to impress my french friends :P !

sounds excellent to me !!!
(both compostition and production)
Congratulations !

p.s. real guitars ?

:) 8) these are wonderful rexet, the voice is really good. i left a message as requested, and deserved i might add.

welcome to kvr

easymode wrote:sounds excellent to me !!!
(both compostition and production)
Congratulations !

p.s. real guitars ?
Thanks a lot dude :love: !!
Btw, yeah these are real guitars.
knockman wrote::) 8) these are wonderful rexet, the voice is really good. i left a message as requested, and deserved i might add.

welcome to kvr
I just saw your post on my guestbook: many thanks mate, I can say that I have foreign friends now :D !

In general, what do you think of the accent? Actually that's quite strange cause I posted these songs on several english forums and nobody told me anything about that whereas french people are used to tell me that my accent is not really good to sing in english :?

:)

Nice!
Feel-good summery stuff.

I don't mind an accent. Sing away. Good voice. No worries.
Rakkervoksen

.. huiiiiiiii! .. just listening to alright, and appreciate it a lot!

i even hear some nice 60´s´influences, and quite like your singing. (reminds me of sea and cake, take it as a compliment).
and about the english: well done, me thinks. (but i´m german, so i dont know how much of a compliment this is .. :hihi: )

cheers,
and a warm welcome to kvr .. :)

putte

rexet wrote:In general, what do you think of the accent? Actually that's quite strange cause I posted these songs on several english forums and nobody told me anything about that whereas french people are used to tell me that my accent is not really good to sing in english :?
.. :lol: .. i know exactly what you mean, as i have to deal with same stuff at the moment.
my experience is that many native english speakers appreciate in english sang by non native-english speakers. so, some accent fits quite well with you .. me thinks.

putte

YOU LIE

.. i know, i know. but isnt that normal? i mean, come on, its 2005 .. :hihi:

very well-done, professional. alright is fun. gotta love the brass. for the rock song i'd like to hear the distorted electric guitar to be louder in the mix.

Hovmod >> thank you dude and I'm happy to hear that my accent doesn't bother you ;) !

putte >> sea and cake ? name of one single band or two ? Cause I know Cake and I love this band... Anyway, thanks for having listenned and for your warm welcome :) !

rockstarfx >> Alright is a funny experience cause it's the easiest song I wrote and that's the reason I put all my effort on instruments. That's the first song I had so many tracks to deal with (hmmm is that sentence correct? lol). Merci !

the sea and cake is one band.

These are really good tracks. The production is clear. The lyrics are sung quite well. The guitar tones are really nice and up front. I especially like "Pull the trigger"

Cheers, and welcome to KVR

Return to “Music Cafe”