Remix by NOVAkILL

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DOPE STARS INC have finally uploaded the remix we did for them. I'm pretty happy with it. It lives here [with a couple of other remixes for comparison]:
http://www.dopestarsinc.com/downloads.htm

I used a bunch of DrumRacks to load all the guitar samples. The first bassline is NEOkILLER II and the fast bass in the chorus is WaspXT. Strings are just a simple sample in a Sampler and all the drums are from us, via DrumRack. The vocals were placed into several audio tracks and the only non-native effect is Classic Chorus on the Strings. All up its 17 mixer channels, 8 instruments and 14 effects. The number of effects is probably a record for me but necessary when most of the sounds are provided.
Mastering was also done in ORION using DigitalFishPhones Endorphin and PSP MixSaturator on the raw, rendered mix in a separate .sfs file.
I wanted to make it more of a rock track as the original is the least rocky of any on their album. Sik kcam eup with the bassline, which is way too cheesy for us to use on our own stuff but works a treat here, and the rest just kind of fell out of my head one night. Then I spent 6 weeks refining it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

sounds good, bones. both remixes are good, actually.

Well done, love the bassline :P
Do you know whether they're planning another remixing session?

We were originally asked to do it for their album but it was while we were in Europe and we never had time. I think these ones are mor eor less leftovers from teh original batch.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Page 2 in less than 24 hours, things are tough here in the music cafe.

wow, people still dress like that :shock:

Scary, innit!?! You should see the CD, its the most OTT packaging job of all time.

8) BONES, nice job.
your remix has a great, unique feel to it: sounds and composition.
..what goes around comes around..

yep good job !

I like everything but the snare :)

edit: ok, I didn't like the speech synthesis either.
Stefan H Singer
Musician, coder and co-founder of We made you look Web agency

It's really not very good.
History is full of two kinds of people.

stefancrs wrote:I like everything but the snare :)
edit: ok, I didn't like the speech synthesis either.
I used almost every element in the remix kit, including the "robot vocals". I was gonna leave 'em out but I ended up chucking the min. Even the audience at the end is part of the kit, only on the original it is at the start.
The snare is a Foetus sample that we've never used ourselves but it has a very rocky sound so we threw it in.

Not my kind of music but sounds good to me. I'm listening at low vol but sounds like there is some kind of disortion on the snare that i don't like personally.

And if you have their website open wjhilst you listen you can add your own lofi mosh geetars by mousing over the menu options :hihi:

And I keep thinking the Machinery bit is saying I-take-the-mickey!

mixing definately needs a lot of work ,very mid rangy, was there any dynamics when you started

Return to “Music Cafe”