Some rap beats from me

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

I uploaded some beats to:

http://www.soundclick.com/majkol

you can download the whole pack (9.5MB) from:

http://users.volja.net/majkol/Majkol-beats_pack.rar

Let me know what you think. About music production and the sound.

The mp3 compression is noticeable, tho. Even on cheap speakers.

And I only took a few minutes to master the beats (aka make them louder:)). I feel ashamed, yeah, but it's not a final (CD) release, anyway.

Not bad at all! Really liked krn2, nice use of the sample. Can't really comment too much on sound quality as I'm listening on some cheap office speakers at the moment. will download when I get home and listen in the studio. A couple of the beats really made me want to hear a hook or an ill artist drop a couple of verses. That's a good thing. Means there's substance there to work with. Sounds like you like old school and underground hip-hop. Who are some of your favorite producers? Also check out this link if you don't mind:

http://www.myspace.com/synthlegend

Nice to see someone else into hip-hop. Hit me up anytime, maybe we can work on something together.

later,
synth
"..because anybody can
or should be able to rock off turntables
Grab the mic, plug it in and begin
..." -KRS-One
www.myspace.com/synthlegend

Thanks for checking them out!

Actually I wouldn't say I prefer underground or old school hip hop. I might like anything, as long as it has some quality to it. Some of my favourites beatmakers: Just Blaze, Havoc, Heatmakerz, Primo, RZA, Neptunes...

I cannot listen to your beats, tho, because in these days I only have internet at the library so I can only dowload stuff and listen to it somewhere else.

Majkol wrote:
Some of my favourites beatmakers: Just Blaze, Havoc, Heatmakerz, Primo, RZA, Neptunes...
Ahhh. list looks about like what i suspected. Not trying to say you sound just like those guys, but I can definitely hear the influences. Those guys are definitely at the top of the game. Plus most of those guys in turn were influenced by Pete rock and DJ Premier. You ever hear of DJ Khalil from a group called Self Scientific? He was recently signed to Aftermath. Anyway, I'm really feelin his stuff right now along with Jazze Phae and a couple of others.
"..because anybody can
or should be able to rock off turntables
Grab the mic, plug it in and begin
..." -KRS-One
www.myspace.com/synthlegend

[quote="Sielsynth"]You ever hear of DJ Khalil from a group called Self Scientific? quote]

I heard the name, but I can't tell which beats he did.
If he's more into the west coast I might not know nothing. I generally listen more to the east coast stuff (as you probably noticed), even tho I'm sure there's a lot of wc stuff which I might like a lot.
Scott Storch makes a lot of great beats.

Yea I must say out of them all krn2 was really good, I loved the sample

Return to “Music Cafe”