First time poster: new tune inside. hiphop/breaks/electronic

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EDIT: direct link now available thanks to cypherone.
Many thanks. You can find the tune at http://cypherone.audioshot.net/MP3s/funkify.mp3

hey, just found this website, and thought id post a tune ive just been working on this weekend.

i usually make dnb, but am taking abit of a break away from it and trying some other stuff. this turned out ok, if not slightly genre dodging.

anyway, id be interested to hear what you guys think coming from a more software centred approach.

the tune is called funkify 2nd mix

http://www.demostreams.com/?ID=CushT

just read that direct links are prefered....will try to sort myself with some webspace

EDIT: heres a yousendit link for now.
http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=30DK ... HA61RW0SXH
Last edited by djcusht on Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

just tried to listen but got lots of dodgy warnings so I bailed out, sorry. If you need someone to host this and provide a direct link, pm me, I'm happy to help :) oh and welcome to KVR.

Yeah, that Shockwave interface is a bit messed up. I kept getting different tracks then what I clicked on.

Liked what I heard, although I kept waiting for more hooks or vox to come in.

for those that wanted a direct link, cypher one has kindly offered to host it, but for the time being heres the link from yousend it.

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=30DK ... HA61RW0SXH

Firstly a review - pretty good track, the bassline is perhaps a little obvious and needs some variation in my opinion, the snare is a touch too loud for my ears...just my opinion of course, other than that pretty cool :)

now a direct link (you might want to edit your first post to include this):

Funkify

cool man, cheers for the hosting and the review. you are right about the bassline, i should try to spice it up abit. will look into that.

and about the snare, thats probably my dnb influence again, wanting the snare to really punch through, but ill definately take that on board.

I'm guilty of the same to be honest. I've just been noticing of late that a lot of breaks traxks actually have the drums quite understated, especially the snare. I find that my rhythm is better than melody so I tend to leave my drums too upfront...

Hey DjCushT --------- sorry but your name makes me think of " only fools and horses "--- Thanx for listening to my track--- I've another new one on there called " all cylinders " ( as in , firing on ........ )
Oh yeah , thats got a really nice summery jazzy feel to it -------- likin this a lot man ------ the vocals work well and thats a great modulated bass you got going. Nice little bitz of percussion going in the background. The vocals dont quite fit in as well later in the track , just before the breakdown. Some really nice chord changes in there and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that huge bit of delay feedback that takes ages to die away ( very well done and nice use of imagination )

Grrrrreat Track !!!!!!!!

If you are looking for an excellent site to host your music , go to www.soundclick.com
You have an unlimited upload count there --- some of the artists there have 70 tracks on their page.
Your talent would be welcome, and when you get there check out the " community " tab cos thats where the action is. Great bunch of musicians over there and very inspiring !!!!!

hope this all helps !!!

cool man, cheers for the review. yeah i agree about the voices. think i may get rid of them. which is a shame, as i like having little snippets of cheesy tunes like pm dawn....oh well.

yeah, 2nd drop is my favorite, glad you appreciate it.

about soundclick, i may check it out, the community bit sounds interesting.

and yeah, its a superwank dj name i know, but thats wat im known as locally, so its abit late to get rid of it. bleak. :)

bizzump

final bump then ill leav you all in peace with this one.

Return to “Music Cafe”