Songs recorded with guitar modeling only and sequenced drums

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all........

A former student/client of mine just referred me to a web page they've put up for a CD I produced for them a couple of years ago. All of the guitars were recorded exclusively with a Flextone2XL I had at the time. Now I have a Vetta ;). The synths and drums were all programmed from scratch on a Korg Karma. The bass was done with a Bass POD. Various outboard gear was used. Also, it was entirely done on a Roland VS-1680.
Anyhow, click on the "Play All Songs: Hi-Fi: Broadband" link for a better listening experience. Brison was only 14 when he started this project and it took fourteen months to complete. He didn't even have his driver's license by time we were done. Crazy. Brison played all guitars, and did all the vocals (except for "One Sip...." where they flew a guy in from the Czech Republic to do the vocals.....no kidding), he wrote all of the lyrics, and came up with the fast Chopin piano stuff on "Dark Magik". My sister did the female vocals on "Prometheus". I programmed all of the synth textures and any orchestral stuff, played all the bass parts, programmed all of the drums, did all of the engineering and production and mixing (he helped on artistic production obviously), and I helped write some of the music parts as far as arrangements go.
Check out "One Sip" in headphones and enjoy the trippy reverse stuff going on with the narrative vocals.
This project was a ton of hard work and required long long hours. But it does sound good. The links are just snippets of the songs but they are fairly lengthy so you can hear a lot of the tones we used.
The files are 128Kbps mp3 format and are all 1.83MB (exactly 2:00) each.

Happy listening!

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/drakkonis

Best Regards.....

Todd
Proprietor of Fine Music and Hot Sauce...

www.theFPband.blogspot.com

Return to “Music Cafe”