Emotions [something nice]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fateamenabletochange wrote:I thought you might done a lead on your guitar in there...a variation of the melody line the synth is playing which is quite a strong one
Good comment. I don't play guitar myself though - I usually get somebody in for that job :hihi: - but I kinda thought one of those leads was vaguely guitar-like but not enough to actually be guitar like, but is, in an almost-but-not-quite kinda way, if you see what I mean. :lol:
Maybe it's that that made you think 'guitar'... but then maybe not. :hihi:

:D

normal wrote:really like this one ...
minimal , and chilly ...

lurv the bass ...
Thanks on all counts. :D

normal wrote:that counter-point arp works quite well ...
Ah, that'll be Osiris 6. 8)
Mystahr added the Dynamics Shaper effect to that which gave it a whole new lease of life. I left that particular effect untouched by the way Mark, what's here is as you left it. :D
I added an autopan to that and bingo! :)
Last edited by Glassback on Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hunter wrote:Yeah nice track mick

More vocals! I wanted you to keep telling a story.
I never considered doing more - it was just an intro... some rambling thoughts... an overheard conversation in a pub between a guy and himself... something that almost anybody can relate to, that crossroads of lifechanging choices... or something like that. :hihi:
Interesting thought but I don't know if I'll follow through, so to speak.
Hunter wrote:Nice atmosphere you've made. I'd have put a bit of dub stylee delay on the odd drum hit now and then to sort of soup it up together.
Now, that's do-able. And a good idea to boot. I'll give it some welly after the weekend. :)
Hunter wrote:Oh and after that 3 min break with the arp I thought it was going to go happy hardcore :hihi: <jus messin>

JIm
:x :x :x
<just messin>

Emerald Tablet wrote::)

THA
OK, I know - I'm stupid, but what does THA mean? :oops: :)

Shane Sanders wrote:Cool track. I love that growly counterpoint patch that comes in from time to time -- I think it was compressed just right

-S
8)
Texture. :D

Glassback wrote:

I never considered doing more - it was just an intro... some rambling thoughts... an overheard conversation in a pub between a guy and himself... something that almost anybody can relate to, that crossroads of lifechanging choices... or something like that. :hihi:
Nurse!

mystahr wrote:Good to hear where you took this one; pretty cool instrumentation you gave Griels' play.
It's sure changed a lot hasn't it? In sound, I mean. Musically there's some really standout, recognisable riffs and stuff (getting technical now with the 'stuff' word) and it gave the tune a whole new feel. I loved working with that - I know I messed about with it quite a bit but, really and honestly, this tune wouldn't be the same without Griels, and your, input. :)

mystahr wrote:And the intro is great, so which side does the scale tend to at the moment, understanding the mixed emotions going on.
A bit of a mixture, really. :hihi:

mystahr wrote:It has somehow become quite the emotive piece I must say

8)
That's what I wanted and it's what I really wanted to hear somebody say. You've just made my day. :D

Hunter wrote:
Glassback wrote:

Nurse!
Doctor?

....must..... resist....

resistance... is.... futile....

nnngggghhhhhh... ghhhhnnngggggroooooo....

Who?
aaaarggghhhh! I did it! Nooooooooo!

Glassback wrote:
fritzman wrote:Ah sorry,

ontopic: I like that track! Deep slomo stuff. Cool sounds. Good mix. :)

All the best, FRitz

Thanks. :)
Deep slomo eh? I wondered which category to put it under. Now I know. :wink: :D
Oh, this is a "category"? Didn't know that. :lol:
What I actually meant is that it touches deep. Not shallow stuff. :wink:

Have a nice evening, FRitz

In the end will be the word.
Check out some of my music at www.fritzmetal.de

This is deeply sweet and meditative. :)
Fits very well in the before xmas-time, I like it.
It's so.. naive :D Again: That's what I like a lot! So many tiny sounds creating a fine intimate atmosphere here.
Great work!
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Excellent, well thought-out piece of music, Mick.

Two sequential listens here, cause I grudgingly wanted to find something to bitch about, but couldn't. Although you and I have our differences of opinion regarding diffusion/reverb, and I think your hats could have used a smidge of both, that's my only criticism, and it's more personal preference.

A pleasant listen, and thanks for sharing.

You might feel a certain way about me, but when it comes to the music, those differences and conflicts are unimportant, and here in the Cafe, that shit doesn't hold water AFAIC..

Well done, and cheers,
D

Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

fritzman wrote:
Glassback wrote:
fritzman wrote:Ah sorry,

ontopic: I like that track! Deep slomo stuff. Cool sounds. Good mix. :)

All the best, FRitz

Thanks. :)
Deep slomo eh? I wondered which category to put it under. Now I know. :wink: :D
Oh, this is a "category"? Didn't know that. :lol:
Neither did I, until you invented it! :lol: Sounds right, though. :lol:

fritzman wrote:What I actually meant is that it touches deep. Not shallow stuff. :wink:
Fantastic compliment - thank you very, very much! :D :D :D

thomekk wrote:This is deeply sweet and meditative. :)
Wow, more nice words. I'm so grateful I can't tell you... :D

thomekk wrote:Fits very well in the before xmas-time, I like it.
That was exactly my aim - I wanted to have it finally finished and posted for xmas week. Your comment here tells me I made the right decision about that. Thanks again. :D

thomekk wrote:It's so.. naive :D Again: That's what I like a lot! So many tiny sounds creating a fine intimate atmosphere here.
Great work!
I'm deeply honoured to have so many compliments - probably the most positivity I've ever had, with any tune I've done. :shock:
Thank you for lifting me up a bit. :D

Sickle wrote:Excellent, well thought-out piece of music, Mick.
A surprise compliment! :D 8)

Sickle wrote:Two sequential listens here, cause I grudgingly wanted to find something to bitch about, but couldn't.
Sorry - I'll try harder next time. :hihi: :wink:

Sickle wrote:Although you and I have our differences of opinion regarding diffusion/reverb, and I think your hats could have used a smidge of both, that's my only criticism, and it's more personal preference.
The hats, the hats. Yes, the hats. They gave me a boatload of hassle. I just couldn't seem to get them to sit right for the longest time... they were either too sybillant and harsh, too loud, too quiet, too muffled... grrr, damn hats. I actually tried the slightest, almost inaudible reverb on the bigger (2nd) of the 2 kits but then took it off again because there's too much verb going on with other instruments and it caused a bit of a frequency/effect clash. I agree, but in the end found it seemed to work better dry. :)

Sickle wrote:A pleasant listen, and thanks for sharing.

You might feel a certain way about me, but when it comes to the music, those differences and conflicts are unimportant, and here in the Cafe, that shit doesn't hold water AFAIC..

Well done, and cheers,
D

I (grudgingly) accept the (begrudged) compliments you offer. :lol: :D
Seriously, I didn't expect you to listen, let alone comment so I'm touched that you did both and even more touched that you even actually liked it! :D

Good stuff, Mick :D A very enveloping track. In parts it has some of the feel of a less electronic Haujobb (Daniel Myer, particularly some of the Cleaner stuff he did) - lots of layers, reverbs and synth lines (the arp mentioned earlier on).

I really like the feel of this - it comes across very casual and mellow, but there's a lot going on musically so it's a nice combination :)
Mild-mannered web designer by day - tired web designer by night.

Return to “Music Cafe”