more holiday music - seasonal ambient

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

a couple of christmas joints that i uploaded for kite radio.

little drummer dude and white xmas

link

enjoy.

- scott

:hihi:
Regards, Mike

:hail:

Funny and lovely at the same time.

Thanks. Much needed. Much appreciated!

Hey Scott !

really liked what you did with these.
The Drummer boy worked well with this processing...but I think white x-mas notes were maybe too close together for this type of processing...couldn`t really pick the tune out.

How`d you do this.You running it through a reversed IR reverb?
Sent drummer boy to a few friends...very cool.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Thanks for listening -

i had a different approach for each track.

i can still hear the tune in white xmas pretty clearly if i listen for it, but that may be because i am so familiar with the source file from working it.

my goal with each was to have the tunes just barely shimmer through at different points in the track... enough to give the vibe but not sound like classics simply run through some reverb.

for both files the first thing i did was to reverse the wavs (which came from old reel tapes from the 60's) and then running the reversed wavs through ambience before righting their direction.

i processed white x-mas with several homegrown IR's saving the output from each to a new file and then layered them together and processed with a chain of blue reverbs and delays with the mix at about 50%.

with little drummer boy i seasoned it with another homegrown IR or two and then one from spectral relativity.

for both files i did a bunch of EQ tweaking to romove any nasty harmonics and unplesant tones and get the sound just right to my ears and then did a quick mastering using some free voxengo plugs (i love those things!)

oh, both of the songs were probably recorded to tape from old 78's so i had to use x-noise with some pretty brutal settings to eliminate the crackle.

i think that white xmas probably ended up closer to the original idea i had then drummer boy, but those angelic voices wanted to come through the mix and who was i to stop em.

Cheers,
s

Return to “Music Cafe”