New TripHop TRK 4 AL!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hay all, yah this one is freken da beez neez, been trippen on des 1 4 ages ah but I reacon its getting minttastic. Still got a few scratches to laydown nd sum mastering in all coming along nicely!

Enjoy all!

ONE MORE TIME

Play 128K
http://www.realmusic.co.nz//play.php?ba ... =song_hifi

Download 128k
http://www.realmusic.co.nz//download.ph ... =song_hifi

:harp: :violin: :band: :band2:
Last edited by System ERA on Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sounds very Portishead/Massive Attack, with a touch of Maxi Jazz vox.

Not bad ;)

Nice track :)

Where did you get this female chorus?

:D Suh-weeet cuz. Its early days ynoe so we're goin on a mish into th unknown... Hopefly ma man Borcman sticks about for a while and we can suss a couple more tracks.... so keep spreading th word chur peepz! :love:

Shes my future bride :D na, haha..AnnaMAcs my special friend whos got healthy relations with alcomohol... Its her fresh first play on a mic with cans on! we'll have a foto up soon aiiite :hihi: ~ Wiz-E

Great track... Loved it...

Not sure what else I can say...

Production sounds first-rate.

Cheers.

Cheerz... What can I say, a good set of speakers makes all the difference ah, been using my m8z wolfdails instead of me shitty little minisystem and yeah mixings been a pleasure rather than some horror flik....

Still gotta bit to go on scratches and mixing but its getten der, keep u catz posted... :)

choice song........it sounds like alot of work has gone into it...lots of things happening in it...and the words I caught sounded good.

1. nice portishead samples :hihi:
2. great female voice :love:
3. not so great male rap skills :?
4. very good final mix :love:
5. nice words :love:
6. 8 out of 10 8)

hahah the nitoriouse FATE ATC.... Cheers bro.... and Cor;mix I definately dig the critical feedback.... Cheerz all..

Which samples are from Portishead?
Is it the strings with the noise? They certainly sounds smooth.
Everything sounds good here. Not Trancy at all though.
Minimalistic, but it works. Definitely Trip hop vibe. I like both male and female vocals except rap at 3.17 min. Somehow that just doesn't flow well until the drums kick in. The female vocals are best though.

I love the flute. Is that a sampled riff? It's certainly authentic.

Actually, this tune beats 92% of the tracks I hear on KVR, so well done.

But please don't call it Trancy Hip hop. Makes me think of 50 Cent with some Goa synth lines on top :-o This is just pure Trip hop. Nothing wrong with that. ;)

Cheer bro, nah its not from Portisshead, its just using a simular chord structure as one of their more popular songs. Yeah I gotta tidy the vox up a little, manually allign some of the flows a bit tighter. Yeah TripHop, seem to be doing a bit of that recently. The Flute was just some random sample that happened to fit in time, pretty poor quality sample to begin with though, but the degenerative sound kinda works for effect ah :)

Cheerz brov..

Yoe Wiz-E hea, shot to all the awesum peepz wif their much-needed feedbax. im not sure if we can suss this as triphop, i'd be more comfy with "Raptivism" but hey, it is up to the listener to qualify! :wink:
Myself and Borcman are fresh as, (its our second recorded track) and by trade im a vinylist. Big ups to System ERa :x for bringing all the magic togetha.

We'll keep it refreshing, final mix should be done this week.. chuuur! :hihi:

haha synthd out fiddy would make me wet myself :lol:

I haven't used nitriouse for years,but there was a time when I pretended to bake a hua of alot of cakes.

Mention of Massive Attack and Portishead draws me like a fly..

I think this track's BPM should be slowed considerably, the vocals sung way slower and as low an octave as you could(ala Daddy G) with both pairs of vocals pushed back in the mix as well. Sounds too in-your-face/intimate for true Trip Hop..

Slow it and drench it in some verb and you'll be stying..

:D

I like what I hear, though, don't get me wrong, I'm just super-duper picky about my Trip Hop being a Massive Attack/Portishead/Sneakerpimps junkie..

:love:
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Return to “Music Cafe”