Ignored

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What to do when one of your tracks is totally ignored?

Cry! :cry: And then make another piece of music about it sounding more or less the same. Abstract (read: dark ambient), dronish stuff. Actually it's a quiet, mellow piece of electronica. Hints of a beat and of actual tones. But only hints.

What I did was take a bunch of guitar pedals (cheap, broken etc.) with a wav-pedal as the sound source. Works quite well. Make (rehearsed, planned) recordings. Comp. Cut. Process. Repeat. A lot of tweaking went into this. And that makes it different from the ignored track which was done live. Also this is shorter (6:30) and smaller (8MB). So mayby someone will listen and mayby even comment...

This is simply:

Ignored

(Please comment).

Hi Respirator,

Sorry your other track got ignored... it happens to the best of us :)

(Is this in the key of G - just wondered as an anagram of it is "I Drone G")

This track sounds like being immersed within some giant subterranean machinery, complete with dripping water from the rocks above. Very intense atmosphere, but rather listenable.

I'm not sure I can provide much more comment really, but I didn't regret the download and the listen, so thanks for sharing :)
Mild-mannered web designer by day - tired web designer by night.

Interesting stuff! Listening to it now here @ work, just the thing to write code to (heh). No one element is overpowering, it's a nice mix of things.

Keep up the good work! 8)

ps. don't feel bad, about 2/3 of the stuff I post gets ignored.. probably deservedly so! I'm still in the process of learning how to suck less. :hihi:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

> What to do when one of your tracks is totally ignored?

dig in your heels and stay the course. i speak from a long history of being ignored. ;-)

Gargoyle wrote:Hi Respirator,

Sorry your other track got ignored... it happens to the best of us :)

yup,theres so much posted of late that tracks barely stay on the first page more than a few hours nowadays :o

hehe anyway im glad you were ignored cos it inspired this,and this it has to be said is demonic :evil:
gets inside every nook of my brain,swirling and shifting.most of all menacing.
we like.

heh i posted a bunch of tracks, they all got ignored! so i stopped posting tracks, and almost immediately got hit with "i don't remember YOU ever posting any of YOUR music" :lol:

it can be kinda.... 'fickle' at KVR sometimes, I wouldn't let it get to you bro.

Muff Wiggler wrote:heh i posted a bunch of tracks, they all got ignored!

nah yours were just rubbish

:hihi:
should ignore being ignored,do you like what you make?thats all that counts post away!!!
ps i dont remember hearing them so i hope you know im joking about the rubbish bit ;)

Makes me wonder if we need to sub-divide the Cafe into some kind of genre sections (I know, I know) but it's the only way to keep the pages reasonably stable... anyway, not the place to discuss :)
Mild-mannered web designer by day - tired web designer by night.

i *do* like what I make, which is great, because I only make tracks for one reason only - for ME. I don't want to get signed, i don't want to play shows, I just want a break from work/parenting/life and make tunes that take me away somewhere. Honestly i don't give a crap about what anyone else thinks, so i'm really just as happy to not post them.

In fairness I think some people on KVR IRC at the time had some nice things to say about them though. I remember Tugger said some nice things. There were some good tracks and some crap too, but that's par for the course I think?

Personally I hope everyone is making music for themselves first and foremost.

and it was xoxos who hit me with the "i don't remember you posting any of your music" stick, during one of his misguided little fits (which imo were few and far between....most of his fits are well guided, as if by lasers or some shit like that. for real)

how you described the production of this track.... I've done some similar stuff... lots of guitar cords everywhere... cept i used a mic, and just kind of moved around it, doing stuff with the perdals... i decided to listen to it now. It's tasty so far. rock on

i think you'd enjoy my plugins... i don't have any more of my old analog effecta... so i make vst's that are, different. ahhh... it just ended.... nice flava... feel free to pm me if you get more tracks goin...

I very much understand what it's like to be ignored. Break your back...bah! whaddya get? The worst though is when you play a masterpiece for people you dig and they say "interesting" and then start casting their eyes about wildly for the exit.

Actually, if it makes you feel better...you are one of my go-to people. I really like your stuff, respirator...it is invariably provocative, creative and often beautiful. When I see when of your pieces posted, I listen. In other words, I find them -er- interesting.

Also, when all else fails, I find that acting out in an entirely inappropriate way that captures everyone's attention is a sure fire way to not be ignored.

It worked! ;-) Thanks a lot for your comments. Like Muff Wiggler I only do this for escapistics reasons. I absolutely don't mind that a track was ignored. Wasn't interesting enough/posted at the wrong time etc. But it did inspire me to do this (which is done after the wife and cats and neighbours went to bed, so it's done very quietly - I think that these circumstances really contribute to the track).

Mayan: You're too kind. But I don't need to feel better. I feel awesome. I just didn't want to use Sickle or Vurts name to get attention ;-)

Thanks for listening!

dover666 wrote:i think you'd enjoy my plugins... i don't have any more of my old analog effecta... so i make vst's that are, different. ahhh... it just ended.... nice flava... feel free to pm me if you get more tracks goin...
I'll check them out, though I don't use many plugs besides standard ones - and the Powercore!

(And slight bump - I can't stand getting - almost - ignored on my Ignored track :P ).

Return to “Music Cafe”