Mellow Electronica

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't know how else to classify this one. I wrote this song originally as a piano solo. This version is all synths: Cameleon, Albino, LinPlug Alpha, Pentagon, Atmosphere, Moog Modular V and Ravity.

Recorded in Sonar 5 PE. Mastered in Tracktion2 with the FinalMix plugin.

any feedback is greatly appreciated.

The Clown

Well I like it, but I cannot imagine it sounding any good on a piano, but as you have arranged it I think it works well. For some bizarre reason it reminds me of Johannes Schoelling's The Zoo of Tranquility. I've just posted a song I composed on piano and arranged for synth's and mine is the opposite of this. I can imagine it sounding much better on piano than it actually does (well I know really because I've played it on a piano, so I don't have to imagine very hard), but I think your piece is better as it is. Just my opinion.

hello fellow cakewalk user :)

definitely fits the title. but i see a sad clown. this would be pretty interesting if it was a bit darker. cool track though, thanks for sharing.

Obfski wrote:Well I like it, but I cannot imagine it sounding any good on a piano, but as you have arranged it I think it works well. For some bizarre reason it reminds me of Johannes Schoelling's The Zoo of Tranquility. I've just posted a song I composed on piano and arranged for synth's and mine is the opposite of this. I can imagine it sounding much better on piano than it actually does (well I know really because I've played it on a piano, so I don't have to imagine very hard), but I think your piece is better as it is. Just my opinion.
Thanks for your comments, I think ;-) Yeah I saw your track and commented on it before I saw your post. I really would like to hear it on a good piano sample (I can make that happen if you want to PM me).

Imagine no longer: The Clown (Piano Version)

This track is all piano for the first half, then three sparse tracks of Moog Modular V join in the sadness for the 2nd half.

Very interested to know what you think (And what you think of the piano sound).

The timing is a bit sloppy at the beginning, please excuse. I just never got around to cleaning it up :-)

:10: wrote:hello fellow cakewalk user :)

definitely fits the title. but i see a sad clown. this would be pretty interesting if it was a bit darker. cool track though, thanks for sharing.
yep that clown is not a happy one for sure ;-)

check out the Piano Version of this. I think it's a bit darker, anyway.

I liked the piano version better. :)

do you have dimension pro yet? I think this would sound wicked with the alien piano patch, or piano nightmare.

very cool!

just listened to Lament. this was pretty cool.
I liked Lonely Piano also. very nice playing :)

thanks for your comments, :10:

your website is VERY cool, btw.

I do have dimension pro and I've hardly used it. I just thought the price to upgrade from P5V2 was so insanely low, I bought it. I will have to check out those piano patches you mentioned.

Return to “Music Cafe”