Britpop: "In my room"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there!

I have just finished my new song called "In my room". I had the idea for the song in the summer of 2005 and I was afraid I'd never finish it. Well, I did it at last.
By the way, I mainly used virtual instruments (Real Guitar, Sampletank, Acoustic Drums with battery) and there is one electric rhythm guitar which plays during the chorus and in the last verse.
Please let me know what you think. :wink:

Cheers,

Tal

http://the-auditorium.net/viewtopic.php?t=3346

pretty cool piece.
now im no britpop expert admittedly but its got all the hall marks to an outsider to be a good tune in that domain.
i would like to hear it done by a "band" tho if you get me,you should try and sell it to the killers :D

Yeah sure. Got their number? :D

Cool song.

I run the danger of making a fool of myself, as I don't really know how brit pop differes from any other pop, so excuse me if I am wrong.

The tune is really very good and does sound like it could be pop. I have to admit that it is over compressed for my taste.

You got lots of talent mate and plenty potential.

Thank you :) .

Well done, I think. I like it... :)
FLStudio - 24 Synths - 6 Effects - I am crazy

I was expecting Blur! ;) Its not quite upbeat enough to qualify as primetime Britpop and reminds me more of the Manchester sound from 1989-1993 (The Farm, Charlatans etc) Its not my bag but as an example of the genre its not bad if a bit muddy. That lead guitar does'nt do it for me.

Mike.

Nope. It's not that Blur sound :) . That lead guitar as you call it is Real Guitar run through a virtual amp. So don't expect any miracles. :lol:

Return to “Music Cafe”