Death Cab for Cutie - Let me try this again

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I posted the following tune for comments last week and only tonight realised that the host site had played the song at the wrong speed for anyone who had bothered checking it out. I've fixed the speed issue and will give it one last bump to see does it make any difference.

Comments on the tune appreciated.

link: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=298839

Yeah, it's soundclick. Sorry. Just stream the mp3 as hi fi - you don't have to register.

Take care, Teds. All the best in your own endeavours.
fjell
Last edited by fjell_strom on Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Your petty insults are of no consequence." --Jp22
Songs

Armed with the knowledge that he's posted much worse songs than this in the past and still received rakes of comments, fjell provides himself a shameless volleyball-like bump. Come on, boys. Anything? :?:
Songs

It's quite strange hearing a voice here of this forum, but you sing well and have a good timbre to your singing. I think the song is well crafted and well executed, but it is not my cup of tea. I don't hear words in songs anyway. I have Asperger's Syndrome and I think it is that that makes me listen to words in music as a texture, not as meaningful sentiments, just another instrument with strange envelopes, that is perhaps why I enjoyed the tone of your voice so much.

I'm going right off Soundclick. I am registered, but as you suggested downloading the mp3 I did this, and Windows Media Player would not recognise it. The hi-fi stream worked fine. This is perhaps why you have not had any comments yet.

sorry but the original is much much much much... ;) better.

Thanks for the comments, both the good and bad. Sometimes it takes someone saying "the original is much much much much better" to put an endeavour in perspective.

As for soundclick, would love to get off it completely and surely will soon as my broadband comes back (Come back, broadband!). Going from broadband back to dialup is like getting off a train to Paris and walking instead.

All the best,
fjell
Songs

I posted the following tune for comments last week and only tonight realised that the host site had played the song at the wrong speed for anyone who had bothered checking it out. I've fixed the speed issue and will give it one last bump to see does it make any difference.

Death Cab for Cutie cover off "Transatlanticism".

Here it is. I know I took an alternative song and stripped the balls off it and made it tepid pop but that's just the way it went. I know you can't understand the middle lyrics but you can't in the original, either.

Comments on the tune appreciated.

link: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=298839

Yeah, it's soundclick. Sorry. Just stream the mp3 as hi fi - you don't have to register.

Take care, Teds. All the best in your own endeavours.
fjell
Songs

Return to “Music Cafe”