Hello. Please listen to my track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello KvR. I have been reading the forums for over a year now, and have decided to offer up my new track for your comments.

It's very much a europop track, with a slight difference. The hook is based on the tight, stereo panned harmonies, and the solid clinical production. This track is mastered and ready to be released. I offer it to you for your comments as I can honestly say that everything I have learned from you people has gone into making this track. I thank you for that.

I wrote and produced and mastered the entire track, and my sister completed the vocal. She is actually from Scotland, but affected her voice for the Euro pop feel. I hope you enjoy it.

http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=31RT ... PNYN5DDYN4 (http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=31RTDQNXANUL92V6PNYN5DDYN4)

:-o

That's a stunning piece of work.

Great, pop song. Immaculate production.

If you learned to do that just by hanging around here, well, I'm giving up. :?

Wow.

What kit did you use?
http://chrisamusic.bandcamp.com/
"It's square to be hip"

it's not my style, but I guess there is an audience out there for it.... kind of gives me an early 80's feeling

Not for me either, but a wondefully worked out song. The deep voice at the end could have been lifted straight from Yello. You even say "Oh Yeah" :P . Nothing to critisize here here though, you own up to it being Europop, and that it is. Well done.

wow,

europop, sorry i do not like europop :shrug:

but the quality of the track vox & mastering is superb!

sounds ready for radio :)

good luck with it

Subz

Congratulations,very nice indeed. Better than lots of things I've heard in this genre. BTW, are the guitars loops?

Stephen

very 80's. Great production. Nicely done.
Not big on that style but would like to hear more of your music....what else do you have there??? :)

dano
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

I agree with the others that it is fitting of the europop style. The affected accent seemed a little odd, but then Green Day's faux-English accent on their early records always sounded odd to me, too, so maybe it's just me.

My only complaint would be that there's a disjointed, stochastic air to the vocals that results from the mostly single line delivery. It would shake it up a bit if some of the lines were extended to flow more. If you did a sort of A B CD kind of thing with the delivery on the verses, for instance. But, bit late in the game to rewrite, so maybe something to bear in mind for future songs.

holy shit. this has great tone to it. very high fidelity, it sounds great on the full range speakers Im listening on right now. Ill listen to it on my other system.

One thing, the vocals are ducking the mix a little too hard. I can hear the bass fading out when the vocals get loud. that could be due to the full range speakers, so Ill take another listen. Sounds very nice, indeed. :)

Love this tune. I have attempted similar stuff myself but it never sounds anywhere near as solid and crisp as this. Gear? please?
"It's square to be hip"

This is excellent in every way.

Only gripe - the vox refrains keep reminding me of Private Dancer by Tina Turner. :)

Poptastic! Sounds like a summer tune to me.

Listening to it, it sounds like you had great fun making this - nicely done!

Not my bag but still worth a listen and a comment.
:D

Nicely done, Paulina, although it seems very cynical in its execution. I suppose that's what people expect of that kind of music, I don't know.

Production-wise, not much to fault it at all. It's very listenable and has all the characteristics of what it says it should have :D

I would love to hear your sister's voice without the accent-uations and the really heavy processing :)

Nice piece of pop :)
Mild-mannered web designer by day - tired web designer by night.

Private Dancer? Yeah, can see that. Totally subliminal grab though. Happens to us all.

Drums: Battery 2
Pads: Atmosphere
Lead synths: Albino 2
Guitars: Personal Sample CD.(Done by a friend)
Bass: Trilogy
EQ: Waves renaissance eq. (Swear by it)
Comp: Voxengo Marquis
Mastering: Ozone. (Swear by it)

I spent far more time on the mix/tone and mastering that actual composition. I cannot stress enough how important it is to use a spectrum analyser in order to make your mix breath.

Glad you liked it though. Thanks. 8)

Paulina wrote:Private Dancer? Yeah, can see that. Totally subliminal grab though. Happens to us all.

Drums: Battery 2
Pads: Atmosphere
Lead synths: Albino 2
Guitars: Personal Sample CD.(Done by a friend)
Bass: Trilogy
EQ: Waves renaissance eq. (Swear by it)
Comp: Voxengo Marquis
Mastering: Ozone. (Swear by it)

I spent far more time on the mix/tone and mastering that actual composition. I cannot stress enough how important it is to use a spectrum analyser in order to make your mix breath.

Glad you liked it though. Thanks. 8)
Interesting. no outboard gear at all then? What a great example of what can be achieved with native plugs.
"It's square to be hip"

Return to “Music Cafe”