some cool metal tracks inside

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This guy apparently takes some Nintendo music and re-records it. He's a good guitar player and drum programmer from the sound of it.

http://www.metroidmetal.com/

Metroid, eh?

There's some music from Super Metroid that's pretty killer..Have to check thsi out when I get home.

edit: He did Norfair..

:D
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

This sounds like old Metal Blade label stuff. Like Fate's Warning, etc..

yuck..

:P

And he's not using the Super metroid midi's either..

:nutter:

I like Fates Warning, personally, though they have become very same-y as do almost all bands that make more than three albums. Perfect Symmetry, Parallels, and No Exit are still kind of interesting to me.

:lol:
Haven't heard anyone mention Fate's Warning for a while...I think my sister had one of their tapes…

Strangly enough, I always thought that the Metroid Theme would sound good metalized, but I had pictured it being abit more doomy and dirge like...

I haven't heard any of the original music, so to my ears it just sounds like regular old proggy-metal songs. Is the original stuff very GM sounding?

Voidoid Surrealist wrote::lol:
Haven't heard anyone mention Fate's Warning for a while...I think my sister had one of their tapes…

Strangly enough, I always thought that the Metroid Theme would sound good metalized, but I had pictured it being abit more doomy and dirge like...
Doom metal is my favorite metal genre--that and technical metal like Spiral Architect. I have fond memories of a technical thrash band called Deathrow, but their album is out of print.

Shane Sanders wrote:Is the original stuff very GM sounding?
Totally GM sounding considering the technology at the time, but that changes after you assign your own instruments to one of the midi tracks..Grab the Super Metroid midi files and have a listen; they're pretty slick. Try out Crateria Caverns.

This stuff here sux0rz..

yep, Deception Ignored is the album. Top thrash:

http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/dthr.htm
Last edited by Shane Sanders on Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think I might have heard them before, I can't remember…
Didn't they sound a bit like Coroner, but with more of a Joey Belladonna style clean vocal?

Voidoid Surrealist wrote:I think I might have heard them before, I can't remember…
Didn't they sound a bit like Coroner, but with more of a Joey Belladonna style clean vocal?
Nah, these guys were balls to the wall technical thrash with giant piano breaks and nary a normal 4/4 measure unless it was a typical sort of thrash blast on the kick&snare. I think the vocals were a cross between screaming and clean, definitely not cookie-monster. But then again, I'm only speaking of the one album as it's the only one I ever owned. Had it on cassette and now it's gone.

Finally found a fan site with audio files. Unfortunately, it's RealAudio so I can't hear it but maybe you have a machine with RealPlayer installed:

http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/test2/Deathrow2.html

edit: my Mac at work has RP installed. This is more 4/4 than I remember... the instrumental Triocton is a gem though.

This band is teh pwnz0rz

LOL . . . let's reanimate a 17-year-old thread like it's a Lovecraft story crawling through your brain at midnight.

Has anyone found similar endeavors, especially if it's original music done with all synths and samples but in a style that would remind you of old video game music?

Return to “Music Cafe”