First Ravity track! :D

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, not exactly... more like third, but this is the first serious track I've done with this synth. 9 instances of Ravity, 1 instance of SFZ for drums, and my CPU gauge didn't even go over 70%. :shock:

I've finally found a replacement for my Roland. :D

Ravity's acoustic presets kind of suck. I'll be making my own sounds again (banks of orchestral and other acoustic stuff) and I'll be posting them... somewhere... soon.

Anyone interested in this synth, I urge you to download the demo and make your own sounds. Most of these sounds in this track were presets, because this is more of a test than anything, but I've been able to make some awesome orchestral stuff with Ravity. :D
Mizutaphile.

Where is the song?

Mizutaphile.

Not sure if you were looking for comments or not? Well you didn't ask but here they are anyway:

-please, no rapidshare next time...
-bass is cool, not enough low-end though
-synced arp synth in the middle is way too loud
-alot of verb on the synth chords but almost none anywhere else

Overall though it has a cool old-school game feel. Sounds like something in a mid-90s arcade game - some kind of double dragon-ish beatemup perhaps.

Thanks for sharing!

Dude-I liked it. Very sharp opening that grabs you. Nice varied lead selections throughout.

I think Floyd's suggestions are really just a matter of taste. I will agree that the tune does have a corporate software intro feel to it. You almost expect a deep voiceover to come in and say "Welcome to Guardian Version 3.2..."

Nice work.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Sure, comments are always welcome. I didn't really post it for comments, but anything constructive is cool! :D
-please, no rapidshare next time...
I know, I hate Rapidshare too. Sorry. Can you recommend me something else? You guys don't like soundclick (and neither do I), I don't have my own web space and I can't go to the Auditorium because I don't have the time to keep up with two forums (and last I checked, only registered users could download songs at the Auditorium).
-bass is cool, not enough low-end though
Cutting out all the bass is a bad habit of mine, hehe. I'm too afraid of the mix becoming muddy (comes from using a Roland too much), but I'll try to fix it in the future.
-synced arp synth in the middle is way too loud
Really!? Way too loud? You're the first person to say that. You know, when I first rendered it to MP3 I thought... "that arp is a little too loud," but no one said anything, so I left it. Just goes to show you, you should always trust your instincts. :D
-alot of verb on the synth chords but almost none anywhere else
Yeah, ordinarily it wouldn't be that bad. I just moved and I get a slightly different sound here in my room. There's a slight echo, and I'm also on the tenth floor... neither is helping at all. My ears are still adjusting to everything. Sorry about that.
Overall though it has a cool old-school game feel. Sounds like something in a mid-90s arcade game - some kind of double dragon-ish beatemup perhaps.
:lol: Interesting interpretation! So the track was good... just my production job sucked, eh? Works for me. I'm still adjusting to this new place, but give me time and I'll be back on my feet again. :D

Thanks! ^_^
Last edited by Ildon on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mizutaphile.

BERFAB wrote:Dude-I liked it. Very sharp opening that grabs you. Nice varied lead selections throughout.

I think Floyd's suggestions are really just a matter of taste. I will agree that the tune does have a corporate software intro feel to it. You almost expect a deep voiceover to come in and say "Welcome to Guardian Version 3.2..."

Nice work.

-B
:hihi: Think so, huh? Hehe, thanks.
Mizutaphile.

Um....download already dead....only allowed 20 downloads total for it :(
"I'm not here for your cold roast chicken, I'm here for your love."
-Vanna White, Goddess of Love

TechnoWeeniePas wrote:Um....download already dead....only allowed 20 downloads total for it :(
Nah, the download's not dead, you just need to get it from a mirror... which is really idiotic. I don't remember Rapidshare working that way... ever.
Mizutaphile.

I'm not sure how, but you can get a 'virtual label' from Wusik.com. Maybe you need to buy Wusikstation? Others will know how. Much better than rapidshare anyway.

floyd wrote:I'm not sure how, but you can get a 'virtual label' from Wusik.com. Maybe you need to buy Wusikstation? Others will know how. Much better than rapidshare anyway.
Yeah, you have to buy Wusik or one of the other products.
Mizutaphile.

oh ok. well then $9.95 for Wusik v1 gets you a nice vsti and some webspace.

Oh, uh... I misread. You need Wusik V2, it seems. I actually plan to get Wusik and I keep putting it off, but I won't be getting it for a while. It doesn't really matter now, anyway. I have about fifty or so MIDI files to write up for some game, so I'm not posting anything for a loooong time. :D
Mizutaphile.

Return to “Music Cafe”