ABBAesque...(short, mofo's)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Forgot to listen to this. I agree, it reminds me of ABBA in several places. The Swiss-style yodeling is my favorite part, but the disco groove is a close second.

Look out, industry-approved boy bands -- vurtual reality will replace you.

It's that lambent sexuality that oozes from the groove like treacle from a sump.

I installed automatically actuated treacle pumps in my sump just in case, but otherwise an accurate assessment.

Meffy wrote:Forgot to listen to this. I agree, it reminds me of ABBA in several places. The Swiss-style yodeling is my favorite part, but the disco groove is a close second.

Look out, industry-approved boy bands -- vurtual reality will replace you.

i guess ill have to check "abba" out :o
it wasnt intentional i swear, i suppose at some point ive heard it and like the parasite music is its latched in my brain and waited, waited till the day it could rear its ugly head and id be shot down :o

either way i did hope that incorporating the name abba into the title would induce at least some more listeners :shrug:

guess theres not as many abba fans as the recent thread suggested, youd think theyd at least complain, i mean this is kvr afterall...

thanks for listenin :)

I was pulling your leg. =^_^= You and ABBA are parsecs apart. But in a good way, a good way!

This actually sounds old fashioned, like Schaeffer era electronic music.

I like it.

What did you use to make it?

This is really engaging... seems like you're leaning a little more toward 'classical' electroacoustics here, a tad reminiscent at times of all that old INA-GRM stuff, which is a good thing in my books (I guess you were aiming for the sound of ABBA's early, more avant-garde period before they went all grindcore on us). Rattles and squeaks along in fine form.

Grindcore? I always thought of ABBA as more cutebient. And as you all know, I am ABBA.

ABBA? ABBA? ABBA? Sweedish? I knew them when they were a clog dancing team from Dorchester!

Actually this sounds like what I always wanted to do to the members of ABBA. Grindcore indeed :evil:

herodotus wrote:
What did you use to make it?

these days i tend to compose pieces by making loops in orion using all my vsts here n there, then i will load them into either some form of reaktor sampler and go from their or use crusher x to drop samples in and out.
the idea is each actual piece is then done live :o
so its basically sample mashing in reaktor :D

dystonia_ek wrote:This is really engaging... seems like you're leaning a little more toward 'classical' electroacoustics here, a tad reminiscent at times of all that old INA-GRM stuff, which is a good thing in my books (I guess you were aiming for the sound of ABBA's early, more avant-garde period before they went all grindcore on us). Rattles and squeaks along in fine form.

i think its the beard, its drawing me into more classical territorys :o

Meffy wrote:Grindcore? I always thought of ABBA as more cutebient. And as you all know, I am ABBA.

i have no reply except thankyou for the music...

emdot_ambient wrote:ABBA? ABBA? ABBA?

if you say it five times backwards in front of a mirror they appear and do dancing queen :o

vurt wrote:i like you, you just made me laugh so coke came out of my nose
thebeverage not the dust.

first the carey mental, then the killer hotheads line.

its manchester btw :)
I thought he said "then she went metal for a bit". :)
Here is my small version:

PLEASE VISIT www.thehungersite.com DAILY AND CLICK THE LINKS. THEY DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY BASED ON AD INCOME. IT'S FREE!

vurt wrote:
emdot_ambient wrote:ABBA? ABBA? ABBA?

if you say it five times backwards in front of a mirror they appear and do dancing queen :o
Don't feed them after midnight, though. Big trouble.

Return to “Music Cafe”