february contest ... RULES and SUBMISSIONS

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You guys are so mean about the ugly babies. I mean seriously, their gggreat eatins.

I made a little ditty called White Women Blaze-on. It's on soundclick... is just me or is that site slow?

http://www.farina.org.uk/0602_wellpaids ... lazeon.mp3
Its a bit of the old early 90's energy hiphop stuff. Breakbeaty with a dash of UK garage. Definitely a new vibe for me. Created with reason, edited with sound forge, fiddled with on a Novation X-station compliled with my brain.
Enjoy.

Where the white women at?
:shrug:

Is there a place to upload this song or is this it?
Last edited by dnbdug on Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"is it just me, or do my balls itch?"

guess what movie its and I'll love you even more.

"turn off the self-moderating portion of your musical brain"…..okay!
"let it all go"…..right!
"get over your self-imposed censorship"…..check!

Finally got some time this weekend to get something down.
Is it ugly?..I don't know but it's sure a big mess of genres -
Part Morricone score….part psychedelic metal….part Casio D&B….. :shrug:

:arrow: Ólafur Elíasson

To the town, they all come
To behold Elíasson

Ólafur they all love what you have done
You cut a hole in the ceiling for the sun

I lay down, with everyone
In the glow of sodium

Ólafur they all love what you have done
You cut a hole in the ceiling for the sun

Ólafur Elíasson (born in Copenhagen, Denmark) is an Icelandic artist, arguably most famous (at least in the UK) for his "Weather Project" exhibition at the Tate Modern.

Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

I only took part twice in the past and I was missing the experience. So this morning, after driving my boy to school and before going to work (half an hour free) I picked up my '79 Alhambra and recorded this not so ugly litle tune. It's not exactly in the spirit of punk or whatever ... but it's definitely quickie and unpolished.
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

The possibility of Doru being gone reminded me of the fact that I've lost a couple of friends way too early in their lives. This track is dedicated to them, and in particular to Marian Moffett, who lent me her bass viol, but who died before we ever had a chance to play together.

This is a long improvisation from which I've snipped the bits that were (more or less) in tune. Production only involved riding the faders on the straight sound and the processed sound.

Memory of friends gone by

IMO this month we´re supposed to do something, we never do (with music)... Well I never do classical music, nor 3/4 tempo.
Now every guitar player, plays something classical : "Les jeux interdits" ! That "classical" tune, you can play on 1 string !
I took that damned thingie as a start point to open the door to inspiration... I used my Yamaha EZ-AG to trigger the sample bank of my antique classical Hofner (with bird´s eye maple sides and back). I recorded 2, 4 to 6 bars at a time, in max. 3 takes (at the end of the session, the sweat stood 2 inches high in my shoes) !

BTW, I have no idea what you´ve come up with. I just downloaded the lot and now willing to give it a first hearing !

Here´s the link to my song (thanks, Zeoy !) :
http://www.show.gr/zeoy/0602_max_el_bel ... ts_116.mp3
Last edited by Max el Belga on Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carpo diem ergo sum !

OK. Somebody will probably recognise the basic theme. Loosely based on something I heard from Sky. Some classic thingy that reminds very much of my life over the last 3 weeks.

Baby U

Another real attempt to try to get to understand synthesis a little bit. I am not really winning though!!

Damage done with:
Dimension Pro (main culprit)
Krakli's vurtbox
Wusikstation
and some ordinary wine glass with Vsampler and Multilens
All mangled in Sonar 5. I'm starting to get the hang of it now.

Attractiveness is entirely subjective - especially when it comes to babies. But maybe we can agree that certain unpleasant emotions such as petulance and mawkish sentimentality are always ugly. So here's my ode to losers, written when I repeatedly couldn't place well during my first few months of KVR competitions. It was meant to be a joke, but I was so embarrassed by it I never entered it. In fact, when I got down to mixing, I couldn't stand it! Fortunately two things happened that month: I scrapped this and entered something else that won second place. Now I humbly offer the runt of the litter for your consideration.

Not Enough
Lyrics and info

As I've learned from various café comments in the past, the following is not real music.

Oh well.

Anyhoo, you can still download your favourite flavour: the Ogg Vorbis Not Real Music or the
mp3 Not Real Music.

Stuff used: Wusikstation - Feldspar - Steam - TriDirt - Augur - Crystal

Wot! - No melody,no harmony, no structure.

Still there is something appealing about this baby.

Dance Baby Dance

Actually, I don't do ugly babies.. mine are lovely :)

I have never done a track with trumpet, so MilesTone seemed ideal. I've never tried putting low synth strings through Classic AutoFilter and got a kind of electro didjerido. I've never written anything with this melody before.

I've never written a toon about a place before.. In Croxley Green, Herts (near where I used to live) there was a street called 'Gonville Avenue', and I always thought it would be a great name for a toon.
So I give you Gonville. I'd love to gig this actually, so if any of you are round Sheffield way anytime soon, give me a bell!

DSP

Don't listen to this!

Don't go chasing waterfalls

This should be ugly enough, given my singing... :hihi:

Flight to Cuba

I broke out my cuatro, which I've never used on a tune and very rarely play anyways. I even used a pick, which is something I haven't done in about two years.
A cuatro is a 10 string instrument similar to a mandolin. It is used in a lot of latin american music, particularly in the carribean islands.

Lyrics:
Ya nos vamos a Cuba
Para Playa Pesquero
El Avion, no tiempo por...
El corazon que manejar

Pescador, pescador....tierrador...pescador...pescador

Ya nos vamos a Cuba
Para Playa Pesquero
El Avion, no tiempo por...
El corazon que manejar

Vamos a playa Cuba... x4

Stuff used:
DeArmond Guitar
Cuatro
Drums done in Tracktion
Mr. Ray 2
Airplane sample
Classic Series vsts
GEQ
SuperCamelPhat
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

I'm not sure if you lot are ready for this......

I have never put together a piece of "world music" before (and arguably, after you listen to this, you may well claim that I still haven't!)

Probably the best thing that can be said about this is that I "turned off the self-moderating portion of my musical brain", and ended up with something that probably wouldn't have been out of place in last months competition.

Feel free to heap shit on this one - I can barely stand to listen to it myself.

Unworldly Music
http://www.slartimusic.com/music/0602-s ... ymusic.mp3
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

I never used Buzz. Untill now:
BooBahBee.mp3
BooBahBee.ogg
BooBahBee.bmx

Return to “Music Cafe”