What? are all of you guitarists cowards?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zeoy wrote:John could you upload two wav files; one stereo drums, one mono bass. It'd be better if we want to tweak the balance between bass and drums, apply some EQ or whatever. It'd be easier to study the walking bass line and build a harmony too.
Being in 3/4 (at least that's what I count) and having the bass not exactly accenting the one's all the time it's quite inspiring. I'd love to take it for a ride though maybe it'll take some serious time-effort from my side to come up with something decent. Cop show theme song you said ... :hihi:
I am afraid that I destroyed the project files for this. I am good at that: cleaning up my hard drive, throwing away the good stuff and keeping the junk.

In any case, it is constructed in it's entirety from loops out of Endangered Rhythms volume 2, which will be available within a couple of weeks at latest, so.............

:wink:

I will do something tomorrow... it's only a day away :D
I play guitar

huh? what? i play really crazy guitar stuff? want some mid to low fidelity wavs or what bro? are you actually calling guitarists cowards? synonymous with pussy in my book... and although i am what i eat, would johnny marr take kindly to your vicious inquiry.... to wrap it up, i'll hit you if you don't watch out! (with an evil guitar riff of course)
:smack: :hug:

Just a heads up.

Two things,

First its difficult to make something with the drums and bass in the same loop – it might be better as a couple of bars of bass on its own – or four bars of drums – from that a ton of options open up.

Another reason why some are not uploading tunes is the 48kHz – the bulk of guys in polls say they want higher sample rates – but in fact the bulk work at 16 bit 44.1 kHz – when given the choice they download the 44.1kHz in abundance over other sample rates and bit depths.

For this kind of thing – posting a loop in the music café – for maximum effect – 16 bit 44.1kHz is best – with one main sound in the loops – drums or guitar or whatever.

I can do a hybrid tune with this loop, something entirely different to what it sounds like at the moment – that’s always fun.

Dig the jam :D

Best regards,

Peter

jens wrote:sorry, but imo the bass is way to loud...
You could always try being creative Jens ;)

btw Jens. That comment is for a reply to the sample guys one in the sample thread the other day. ;)
jens wrote:
like I care... ;-) :shrug:

(I do once you made your first million with my melodies)

anyway: really really really bad comparison - Drainage is the one who did the creative work here - not the ones who sampled drum-hits - you need technical experience and good equipment for properly recording instruments but not creativity like you need for composing something
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&start=60

Spe3D wrote: You could always try being creative Jens ;)
creative??? Moi??? :shock:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I didn't think the mix was too bad, actually...

Anyway, on behalf of all the keyboard players who were uninvited to this party...

http://www.simonwatson.com.au/songs/herosjam.mp3

It's pretty crap, because I don't play this kind of music anymore unfortunately, but I gave it a go!!!

;-)
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

Oh, and it's completely live, no editing, using Mr Ray 73 and Effectizer.

Cheers!

Watto

herodotus wrote:
Left Headphone wrote:Is that a j or p bass?
j

:wink:
I can instantly hear that J bass sound... what specific kind of bass is it? Gosh I love that tone!

In a band I played a song that had a 6/4 groove just like this. I love that 6/4, but not a compound meter.

Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Wow, Greg, our contributions dissapeared without a trace!!

:hihi:

Watto wrote:Wow, Greg, our contributions dissapeared without a trace!!

Yeah, no kidding. ;)

Great playing, by the way. Very rhythmically tight, good swing.

I wish I had time to set up my real keyboard to play some decent stuff over this jam. (right now I'm using the Ozone 2-octave non-weighted keyboard which is rather uncomfortably situated. :P

Thanks man - I wish I could play guitar like you bastards, but the instrument is a complete engima to me, unfortunately!

I played it on an Evolution MK-249C2, which is a little step up from the Ozone, I guess - still not ideal, though! You'd have to be quick on your octave up/down button to solo on the Ozone!

!!ARGH!!!! !!GOT!!TO!!!!STOP!!!!!!USING!!!!!SO!!MANY!!!!EXCLAMATION!!!!MARKS!!!!!

:-o :oops:

(I tried to make the exclamation marks irregular, to mess with the obsessive-compulsives out there)

Notice I said tried?

:oops:

Return to “Music Cafe”