"Firedance" - slightly jazzy

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

This is an attempt at a kind of jazz/funk(ish) piece.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=468049

I'd really appreciate any feedback, good or bad.
Fourth Mansions - putting the "ick" into music.

hey

I'm interested in checking out your stuff but Im not a registered user of soundclick. I suspect this is also part of the reason no one has reviewed your track.

check out: http://the-auditorium.net/

Upload your music there so that "guests" can listen also.
Not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good

Well if your trumpet was a sax I'd say that you'd been listening to too much Spyro Gyra. I think you need a contrasting idea in the middle somewhere. The solos go on far too long, and they don't have any real direction. I also dislike fade outs, but that's just me.

Sorry to be negative, its not bad, it just doesn't work for me.

just a thought from a jazz fan: i tend to find synth horns very hard to listen to because they lack the expressive range of real instruments; even the best synth horns don't cut it. the drums are good, and the overall vibe to the track was interesting, but i couldn't even really evaluate it unless it was either a real trumpet or switched to a keyboard instrument.

i acknowledge the synth horn thing is a bias of mine.

soulkraka - thanks for suggesting the auditorium. I've signed up there and uploaded this piece - http://the-auditorium.net/viewtopic.php?t=3617 - and will be putting any new stuff there as well.

Obfski - thanks for your comments - I appreciate your honest feedback. I'll think about a middle section. (I don't think I've ever knowingly listened to Spyro Gyra, so any resemblence is probaably coincidental.)

jmeier - thanks for listening. I'd agree that synth horns don't have the expressive range of real horns. However, I wanted a trumpet sound and as I can't actually play the trumpet...

i really liked the chord progression. somehow it reminds me of "miami beach"... don't ask me why....
would you mind telling me the chords?

i really liked the chord progression. somehow it reminds me of "miami beach"... don't ask me why....
would you mind telling me the chords?

Thanks for listening, pianomo. The chords are the same all the way through: Bm7 C C Bm7, apart from an 8 bar section in the middle, which is Em C F#m Em Em C F#m Am Em.

I'm a registered member of SC, but i didn't have to log in to listen (plus my I.P is dynamic and i haven't visited for ages, so there's no cookie they could read or whatever to determine whether i'm registered or not.)

anyway..back to the music :P

I really enjoyed that. It's not really my type of music, but music is music in general and if i can get my head around it i'll usually like it (unless it's ttooooo vacuous like most pop music, then the fact there's nothing to get your head around at all makes it instantly worthless IMO.) I liked the instrumentation and did reckon it had direction. I could determine the obvious limitations not using real horns would bestow, but you done really good taking them into account. I liked the guitar parts too.

i also had a listen to "closer," i also enjoyed that. Like i said, not the kind of music i actively listen to, but more than a pleasure to hear it nonetheless.

ooh ow hip daddio!

like reverse not really my thing the old jazz, dont get me wrong theres some that slips in but not much...
anyway again like reverse i think it suffers from the limitations of the plugins...
what that means is tho you have a great composition, now you just gotta find a couple of players :)

or sell it on as a songwriter, but yep definitely cool arrangemnt 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”