two weeks ago... i hate to call it prog

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://funkylime.panicnow.net/music/fun ... ursday.mp3

some f**ked up song i originally came up with on some crap nylon string guitar in some bizzarre alternate tuning that my mind excreted whilst the psilocybin had her way with me......

eternally unfinished, as to be expected... let me know you hate it :x

I hate it

I'm sorry if I disturb your piece of mind saying that I really like it. Some very nice licks and riffs there.
A guy with serious GAS and lots of unused VSTs. But if I someday need them...

Yep, me too

(but then again, I've been told I should've been locked away years ago :))

multree wrote:I hate it
yeah, but you haven't got any taste anyway, Alex ;)

I quite like it.. I like the effect on headphones - the call/response of the guitars :)

It has a lovely sound, modern yet retro :)

DSP

Hi,

i'm pretty new to this forum (in writing post, have been reading for a while) so i hope you don't mind me giving my opinion, but i like it. Good tune to wake up on (what i'm doing right now)

greetings

well tbh honest I didn't listen - he didn't tell me to.... but he told me to let him know I hate it.. which I did... I guess

Sorry to disappoint you funky lime, but I enjoyed this. Only comment would be is to take the guitar back a little in the mix and bring everything else forward, to me this would balance the sound out a little better.

The end is sudden, this must be where you inspiration stops eh? Bring the dreamy secion back in here with a melody derived from the solo synth in the section after the dreamy bit (the synth needs to be a lot louder there by the way) and then fetch the initial guitar chords back after this with a developed rhythm and a tune over it that continues in the same style as the new one you have put over the dreamy section. Add a small coda and finish.

Just my thoughts, but it might get you a little further.

thanks for the comments everyone, even the ones who hate it :P

yeah the mix is kinda crappy, did it on some $7 headphones and i havent been bothered to do a better job (not that I really can with my $20 computer speakers anyway)

i might have a go at finishing this later... gotta get ready to go to my dead end job for now.

That was interesting... I enjoyed it! Different from a lot of the stuff you hear here.
Image Image

Return to “Music Cafe”