lost in the

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr. Pimpleswurth wrote:
xander wrote: Real industrial sonics hiding some sort of insideous and menacing intelligence
What does that mean in the context of the music? I really don't get it. Will someone educate me on how to listen to this sort of music?
educate you? if you don't like it, don't listen to it. this rule and it's complement (if i like it, i listen to it) are the ones i apply to all music and music listening.
this statement is unprovable

seldom.panicNow

Mr. Pimpleswurth wrote:
xander wrote: Real industrial sonics hiding some sort of insideous and menacing intelligence
What does that mean in the context of the music? I really don't get it. Will someone educate me on how to listen to this sort of music?
Me high school music teacher, when selecting students for his class, once told a bloke: "Sorry lad, you just don't 'get it'..."

It's kinda like teaching people how to be human... some never make it :shrug:

Mr. Pimpleswurth wrote:snip-I really don't get it. Will someone educate me on how to listen to this sort of music?
head between BIG speakers ... turn up LOUD ... repeat as necessary

:hihi:

"Does not compute Captain..."

:hihi:

Mr. Pimpleswurth wrote:

close your eyes and listen, tell me if it evokes any images?
to me rather than making music i think of it as painting a picture using audio instead of paint.
i think outlook on life plays a big part too, we could probably walk down the street together and see a completely different world.
this is one small piece of mine, you get the choice to leave.

I've listened on loop for about 20 mins, something different happens every time...
:wow&awesome:
I feel like i'm lying on a beach next to a nuclear power plant...

vurt wrote:
Mr. Pimpleswurth wrote:

close your eyes and listen, tell me if it evokes any images?
to me rather than making music i think of it as painting a picture using audio instead of paint.
i think outlook on life plays a big part too, we could probably walk down the street together and see a completely different world.
:shock: Beautifully said mate! :!:

James "The Poorman" Trenton (born August 19, 1953) is an American radio broadcaster. He was a disc jockey on KROQ in Los Angeles from 1982-1993. He is best known for hosting the Loveline radio show, which he hosted for many years with co-host Dr. Drew Pinsky. The Poorman got his start as the local 'stoned' surf reporter who was the butt of jokes from the morning DJs on KROQ. From there, he became one of the station's most popular figures.

His moniker could be said to have started when he published a slim paperback restaurant review called, The Poorman’s Guide To Gourmet Dining For Under Six Dollars." He claimed that food reviewing was a cheap way for him to get fed while he was an unemployed actor.

Trenton is a member of SAG/AFTRA. He also studied law, but did not pass the bar exam in California
Last edited by mindless on Thu May 08, 2008 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Pimpleswurth wrote:
vurt wrote:world.
Bye. :shrug: I guess just don't get it. Nobody wants to give me an honest expplaination. Should I never post on KVR again? :?:
Totally the worng attitude mate. Some of the answers to your query were down-right profound! As well as offered up in the best spirit...

Stick around and enjoy -- or else maybe a place with such diversity is not your cuppa? :shrug:

Mr. Pimpleswurth wrote:
vurt wrote:world.
Bye. :shrug: I guess just don't get it. Nobody wants to give me an honest expplaination. Should I never post on KVR again? :?:

hmmm, i tried to be honest mate :?
its about emotions and feelings, not everybody feels the same things, its not about learning to like it its about it does nothing for you, there are some kinds of music that do nothing for me and im sure most people have their faveourites and those they could do without.
i cant explain why i feel this way and do what i do to audio, all i know is it conveys the emotions in a way i feel is satisfactory.
as for not posting on kvr anymore? why because you dont like my stuff, no way matey im far from the be all and end all of kvr, if you dont like what i do it doesnt mean there arent others here who make stuff you may like ;)

im sorry i cant give you a satisfactory answer, but its hard to explain why we do what we do, its just part of our nature.

Mr. Pimpleswurth I hope you are around to continue the discussion. Indeed KvR is not Vurtistan (yet) but strange music thrives here along the more conventional genres. You could do two things: Only listen to musical genres you know. You can usually decide in a few seconds. Or you could try to be open-minded. If you're a musician there is a lot to be found (inspiration etc.) in some of the stranger stuff here. For me Vurts music is more deserving of being called music than most formulaic stuff. But that's just me...

Perhaps you just wanted to be offensive? It didn't work ;-)

It just got it all don't it

One marvellous piece of evolution

its noisy, your timing is shite and there's not a single humable melody in it.

nice work john (sounds cool on headphones) :wink:

steve.

Listened to this at home on the big system last night - totally amazing, completely immersive. I think you've found a sound and process that's very much your own here, and I'm looking forward to hearing how it evolves further.

respirator wrote: Indeed KvR is not Vurtistan (yet)

:o even i am scared of a notion like that :o

im not sure he was trying to be offensive tho, i genuinely feel he was looking to learn, but even to me i sound like a pretentious cock when i try to discuss my music, so perhaps he thought i was being intentionally pissy with him, i wasnt. i just hate discussing my music (just ask people at college, most of em have no idea what i do yet musically) i just find it difficult to put it into words, otherwise i might have lyrical content :o

but i hope he doesnt leave, hed be missing a great resource in vurtista... i mean kvr :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”