!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Slapped this down this morning and am planning on staying here all day to tinker with it -

Totally bear bones - needs input please!

Thanks in advance!

:D

http://the-auditorium.net/viewtopic.php?p=28618#28618
Last edited by Big Karma on Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hey BK,

This has got some promise. Reminds me a little of Plaid stuff. I like it. :)

I'd say it needs to settle into a groove. Try introduce a nice rythm track with a sympathetic bassline. Maybe try fading some of those synthlines in and out instead of having them stop/start the way they do. That'll give it a more flowing feel.

Enjoy your tinkering ;)

The story so far!

Annoying clicky pops removed!

http://the-auditorium.net/viewtopic.php?p=28629#28629

Third update - need some input if possible please chaps!

bah, missed those pops :P

Have to second Rozzer.. But don't fade too much - I like that contrast and tension between elements. Maybe (tape) delays or something would blend things together.
Volume changes would be nice too, now it's all too constant imho.

1:12 happened too early imho, but really nice attention grabber
[ When chickens are cold, they roost in trees; when ducks are cold, they plunge into water ]

This has really come along very nicely since the first posting. I'm glad you dropped that percussive thing that sounded like someone tapping their nails on their teeth. :lol:

Some good sounds in there and I like the changes it goes through.
You're onto something, without a doubt. I like the electro-bassline.
It sounds like you've played with the eq's a bit as well.
The whole thing's got much more life than the first version.
There are maybe a couple of sounds I might change or manipulate but I couldn't possibly describe them to you.
I like the story so far. :D

come on everyone ... no-ones going to develop anything without a little feedback !!! (edit ... i cross-posted this comment with both anokes and micks posts ... but then - heehee - glassback HAS to respond !!! )

... this is developing nicely ... definitely better for removing the clicky noises i think ...

... the whole thing has a vaguely oriental sound to my ears ... if you hear that too it might be worth playing on that by tweaking some of the sounds (especially that twangy lead) to play on that ... id also like to hear a little more variation in that kick drum ... either play around with velocity or even use 3 or 4 different kick sounds and interchange them ...

... might also need another element coming in for the final section ... it all seems to be building to a climax and then stays the same ...

... but for less than a days work this is going well IMHO ... hell ... its more than i get done in a month !!!

slainte :phones: rob

Wooo hoo - feedback - I :love: it!!

That's my work cut out for tomorrow although I have to go to Tesco's at some point!

I have to agree with all that has been said so far - all helps to develop my learning!

Thanks chaps!

I have a feeling that as of yet, there is perhaps a tad too much going on yet. Try perhaps to restrict yourself to 2 or 3 themes (first without percussion) and see if you can get a good flow happening. There certainly is something within what I am hearing now that just cries out for some tasty tuna 8)

pHz wrote:
... might also need another element coming in for the final section ... it all seems to be building to a climax and then stays the same ...
I'll have to agree with Rob on this one....It seems to be climaxing, but never quite gets there.
Great potential here though! The sounds work well together and the mix seems pretty clean.
Run with it! :)
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

mystahr wrote:I have a feeling that as of yet, there is perhaps a tad too much going on yet. Try perhaps to restrict yourself to 2 or 3 themes (first without percussion) and see if you can get a good flow happening. There certainly is something within what I am hearing now that just cries out for some tasty tuna 8)
:lol:

I have just sat and stripped the tune right back to the bare bones! Got so many ideas in my head and needed to have a clear out before I could go any further.

Having serious CPU issues so I am having to dump some of the stuff - I didn't know my CPU could run to 120% :roll:

Rob wrote:... might also need another element coming in for the final section ... it all seems to be building to a climax and then stays the same ...
freestar wrote:I'll have to agree with Rob on this one....It seems to be climaxing, but never quite gets there.
Great potential here though! The sounds work well together and the mix seems pretty clean.
Run with it!
I have terrible drum building skills - the bane of my life! :hihi:, but I am woring on it! Got to agree with what you said - there is no edge in here - I'll find it tho! Am always open to suggestions too.

Ta for the input again - all goes to the learning curve! :wink:

Hi BK
this is really Christmasy to my ear, possibly because of the very square rhythm. I'm not good at this style of music so I daren't critise but I loved how positive it sounded. Cheers.
BTW...
"Slapped this down this morning and am planning on staying here all day to tinker with it"...
had me wondering if you were talking about a track or an intimate friend! :)

Ty for comments pro!
proletkult wrote:I'm not good at this style of music so I daren't critise but I loved how positive it sounded.
Me either! :wink:
proletkult wrote:"Slapped this down this morning and am planning on staying here all day to tinker with it"...
had me wondering if you were talking about a track or an intimate friend!

:hihi:

Personally, I thought the drums were some of the best you've done up to yet.
They had feeling and were reasonably inventive. There's always room for improvement of course, but don't change them too much is all I'm saying.
But then, I'd be interested in hearing any changes you do make... :hyper:

Return to “Music Cafe”