old power electronics shite

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

From the pre-PC days. My Annihilist project began (as had many of my previous ones) as fairly straightforward power electronics before diverging into the organic/abstract gunk that inevitably ensues. This is one of the first tracks done under that name. Processed voice, pedal noise and even some little snippets of Roland JX-10, recorded on a Yamaha 4-track, so the sound balance isn't necessarily ideal, and very different from the usual output.

It should be played really loud, as usual.

vergeltungswaffe 2

This is some good old power electronics shite.

Love it, crunchy and screechy in all the right places. Wish it was longer mind you.

Well, if the PE forum is anything to go on, now you have to go talk about your guns and insult women.

shamann wrote: Well, if the PE forum is anything to go on, now you have to go talk about your guns and insult women.
:lol:

And all because William Bennett's sense of humour went straight over their heads.

Like a breath of fresh air

Awe-inspiring 8)

This is great. I believe some people use new age music because they think it's soothing and relaxing. I get encredibly annoyed when music tries to be relaxing. This piece on the other hand is truly soothing and relaxing. Cathartic.

(What is this PE Forum, you're talking about - sounds interesting).

respirator wrote:This is great. I believe some people use new age music because they think it's soothing and relaxing. I get encredibly annoyed when music tries to be relaxing. This piece on the other hand is truly soothing and relaxing. Cathartic.

(What is this PE Forum, you're talking about - sounds interesting).
The people from Blunt Object Records started a forum specifically for discussion of the Power Electronics genre, feeling that the wealth of more general noise-oriented forums didn't do the job. I think that so far it's fallen short of it's potential, as the forum owner seems to dislike it when discussions get too intellectual, so I don't go there too often now... certain members don't seem to understand the difference between dealing intelligently with controversial subject matter and just being a bigoted twit. Nonetheless, it's a good source for general information and new release announcements.

If you want to check it out (please note that, as befits the genre, much subject matter is probably bound to offend) you can find it here.
The majority of members are artists or label owners, including some fairly well-known in these circles.

Thanks for listening, folks. You may also want to check the new nebris, just posted in another thread.

dystonia_ek wrote:... certain members don't seem to understand the difference between dealing intelligently with controversial subject matter and just being a bigoted twit.
I was checking it for a while in my daily forum scan-through. I had intentions of joining in some discussions or trying to network, but realized that most of the facepunchers there were people I wouldn't much care for outside of the interweb world, so made no sense in cozying up to them on a forum.

Given the mod's penchant for deleting things, I assume my account has been killed.

fuckin' cool track - love it!

fascinating. still trying to absorb this noise genre. (I hope I haven't unwittingly called it something incorrect :oops: )
It is so abrasive at first blush, but after a few moments, its hypnotic. The hardest part is knowing what to listen for, how to evaluate - or even react sometimes! Quite an inward journey, thanks for sharing this.
..what goes around comes around..

Thanks for the comments...

@verstaerker - thought you might appreciate this.

@Ouroboros - I don't care about genres particularly - music, at the end of it, is just a collection of sounds put together to some purpose. Glad you found it interesting.

Return to “Music Cafe”