partial imbecile

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this is probably the last of "the gypsy haiku" series. planning big change, but indecisiveness is holding me back... very very short. 2 milestones with no velocity, expression or pitch bend automation. just notes. added some reverb. just to share what's in an idiot's head. he sometimes whistles just like this.

http://home.comcast.net/~t.uz/partial_imbecile.mp3

nice perky melody, fun wobbly voice. :-) sounds skeletal, would need more flesh to make a fully satisfying standalone. yes?

Listened to this earlier - quirky and fresh - if KvR is anything it is diverse!

This conjurs up slapstick and big grins for me :D

The imbecile's gypsy haiku.

Some day I'd like a hundred of these lined up in a row, would be an hour of sunshine.

shamann wrote:The imbecile's gypsy haiku.

Some day I'd like a hundred of these lined up in a row, would be an hour of sunshine.
trying to adjust my lazy level to low. :p

general info: the first part of this thing is a tune that i remember from old turkish comedy movies.

rachmiel wrote:nice perky melody, fun wobbly voice. :-) sounds skeletal, would need more flesh to make a fully satisfying standalone. yes?
thanks rachmiel. i totally agree about the skeletal part but this is tuz you're talking about. not a single finished song... wish someone would collab and turn this upside down.

i remembered you as i was playing with this. put in the famous reaktor reverb on it (the steampipe one) and was automating the size. sounded kinda like your reverb (graidelverb i think) also it surprised me that with heavy reverb, the trumpet goes away and is replaced by a choir and a violin. :-o

Big Karma wrote:Listened to this earlier - quirky and fresh - if KvR is anything it is diverse!

This conjurs up slapstick and big grins for me :D
i'm glad you enjoyed it :) short, lonely but interesting enough i hope.

tuz wrote:wish someone would collab and turn this upside down.
Maybe not what you had in mind, but here you go, tuz.

Everything in there started out as partial imbecile.

Last edited by cptgone on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by cptgone on Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

so you said the same thing twice :hihi:

vurt wrote:so you said the same thing twice :hihi:
...about the wrong track :oops:

I was commenting on shamann's "remix" of this :oops:

I like this too though, I like that Balkan/Turkish/Greek style of music a lot. Not a perfect take, but a nice melody.

tuz wrote:just to share what's in an idiot's head. he sometimes whistles just like this.
I can acknowledge that :hihi:

I'm loving it!

and I'm not referring to McD here

:hihi: This is fun!
I can picture an old gypsy playing this from the back of a donkey drawn haywagon…

Fun, indeed!

I listened to Shamanns version first. This is different?! ;-)

Return to “Music Cafe”