Sickle's Crypt yawns wide again..(4 Floor tracks)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

These were shared last year, and some of you may have heard them already, but I think there's one or two that a few of you might have missed out and would like to have em.

This was the first folder I have sorted on my webspace. In response to the growing momentum building for the Godflesh/Pitchshifter-style act between a few of us here, I thought maybe I should get your blood circulating at an appropriate temperture..

Warning:

If you don't like HEAVY sludge-core, don't waste my bandwidth.

This is NOT, I repeat NOT, my Dark Ambient shit..It's all old recordings from the early 90's.

The Tracks:

CleseaPigs(me on bass)

Heavy f**king Floor

One is never wrong

Pissed666

All I have for now; I can't find that disc I rendered all the Floor tracks from, but it's here somewhere..

BTW - Sean/:10: selflessly took it upon himself to assign my webspace a front end till we get a page sorted..Check this shit out:

The sickle blade is a rare antique leather-cutting tool I've had for ages that's half the source of my nick..It's well aquainted with the taste of blood, my own included..

If you dig his graphics, toss him a few bucks and get yer own kick-ass site:

http://www.sforsythe.net/home.htm

Enjoy the Brutality!

:evil:

edit: I just found Floor had a page at myspace, and Lo and behold..There's two tracks there I recodered with the guys, and one of them I wrote and never got any credit for. I grabbed the audio and did something quick and dirty mastering.

The 'real' names of these tracks are as follows:

'f**king Heavy Floor' track is actually called 'Loanin', and can be had here at 192kpbs:

Loanin

(I had to add the pitchsifted grinding at the end as they cut it out of the track they're hosting).

The second one was what I called 'Pissed666', which was the one I wrote and we recorded a few weeks before I was kicked out. I never even had a chance to name the track, so we have this artsy fartsy title, 'Every Happy Slumber'..God knows WTF that's suppossed to mean... :roll:

Anyways, here's that one as well:

Every Happy Slumber

These are both higher quality recordings I captured @ 32 bit/44 hrz. The mp3's are 192kbps, so you might wanna replace them as the originals probably didn't sit in a car trunk for years like my recordings did on tape..

Enjoy the new, old shit!

I don't owe jack-shit to these pricks, but for the fans, there are two more Floor tracks they have at myspace that I am not affiliated with if anyone's interested in checking em out. :hihi:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... id=4141483
Last edited by Sickle on Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Cool sounds and graphics to boot.
So this is sludge-core, eh? I like it. (sorry, I know next to nothing about genre/scenes. on purpose :oops: )
Nice and growly. Are they your vocals? It's funny how much it gets the blood pumping though not a million bpm.
Never Wrong and Pissed were my favorites; great tones/movement, but Pigs def. made me smile.

Well, I wish I could say something insightful, but I'm pretty ignorant. I just enjoyed: thanks for the heavy trip.
..what goes around comes around..

ouroboros wrote:Cool sounds and graphics to boot.
So this is sludge-core, eh? I like it. (sorry, I know next to nothing about genre/scenes. on purpose :oops: )
Nice and growly. Are they your vocals? It's funny how much it gets the blood pumping though not a million bpm.
Never Wrong and Pissed were my favorites; great tones/movement, but Pigs def. made me smile.

Well, I wish I could say something insightful, but I'm pretty ignorant. I just enjoyed: thanks for the heavy trip.
We were pioneers for sludge-core; and it remained a pretty small, but intense scene. If you're interested in checking out some other acts look into Cavitity's early stuff(our sister act, but they have several albums as does Floor after I left), Earth, Eyehategod, early-period Sleep, and Unsane(who falls more under agro than sludge-core)

As it happens..for anyone who cares, Unsane has a NEW ALBUM OUT NOW...I bought the damn thing and left it in my wife's purse when she left town for the next two f**king weeks..She says it 0wnzor..

:bang:

Occupational Hazard is one of my All-Time fav LP's and should be in ANY metal/hardcore/agro lover's collection..Those guys taught me that Strats can be f**king brutal and that's the main reason I bought one yesterday..

:D

Holy shit, I must have missed out on the middle two!

Top f**king stuff! :love:

BTW, let me know what you think of the new Unsane album, I've been wondering if it was worth picking up…

Nice - Raw & not too fast, choppy.
Reminds me of proto-grunge type stuff.
Always preferred this kind of music slower, darker & more raw.
Also reminds me of some of the music some friends of mine were doing at a similar period - enzo (who ended up in glamorous hooligan with me) & milo (both started off doing thrash - can't remember the name of the group off the top off my head, bit wasted today - one of the first {if not the first] U.K. thrash groups to be signed to a major).
Kinda takes me back to times when I used to watch them rehearse & get pissed up & stoned & rant conspiracy theories over the top of their riffs for a laugh.

thanks for the plug sickle. unfortunately, none of my links work at the moment...because i never got around to finishing the rest of the site...lol.

anyway....I liked pissed666 the best. :)

-later

:10: wrote:anyway....I liked pissed666 the best. :)

-later
I wrote that one.

diverdee wrote:Nice - Raw & not too fast, choppy.
Reminds me of proto-grunge type stuff.
Always preferred this kind of music slower, darker & more raw.
Also reminds me of some of the music some friends of mine were doing at a similar period - enzo (who ended up in glamorous hooligan with me) & milo (both started off doing thrash - can't remember the name of the group off the top off my head, bit wasted today - one of the first {if not the first] U.K. thrash groups to be signed to a major).
Kinda takes me back to times when I used to watch them rehearse & get pissed up & stoned & rant conspiracy theories over the top of their riffs for a laugh.
Yeah, we had this conflict of styles thing going that eventually made things pretty dificult..

The three songwriters had VERY diffreent influences:

Me - Godflesh, Eyehategod, Sleep, Melivins
Steve - Pixies, My Bloody Valentine
Anthony - Man is the Bastard, and other shit like that

In the end, Steve won out as it was his band that he started basically..I wrote some REALLY heavy shit, and he started wanting to do this melodic Pixie's shit instead.

That didn't exactly go over very well with me, so when Earache offered us a contract based on the heavy shit, I was rewarded with getting kicked out of the band..And they went on some doo-doo label instead.

I freaked out, sold all my gear, and like 2 weeks later Eyehategod offered me a gig on bass I had to decline as I was gearless. An irony I still get a little bitter about.

The rest is history.

Or not.

:hihi:

Voidoid Surrealist wrote:BTW, let me know what you think of the new Unsane album, I've been wondering if it was worth picking up…
The wife tortured me and played some of it on a phone message..

:cry:

Yeah shit happens like that with bands.
Milo & Enzo's band eventually broke up - milo & enz wanted to go in a darker tool-esque direction, the other guys were more mainstream rock oriented.
Shame because they were good.

Sickle wrote:

-later
I wrote that one.

My fave of these, too.

There is a Sabbath edge to it that I like a lot.

I could have no end of fun drumming to it (and the chelsea/pigs tune as well).

8)

And the process of you describe, whereby the band got less heavy and more poppy is one I have seen over and over again in my own bands.

@#$%&!$!! wussies.

Sickle wrote:Enjoy the Brutality!

f**king great tracks :D ...all four!
I can't pick one...

Post more of this stuff!
Cheers

herodotus wrote:
Sickle wrote:

-later
I wrote that one.

My fave of these, too.

There is a Sabbath edge to it that I like a lot.

I could have no end of fun drumming to it (and the chelsea/pigs tune as well).

8)
Well, that's pretty close to the kind of shit I wanna do here soon. That and the just off-the-wall early Godflesh mindfuck stuff..

I'm pretty psyched..I have nearly all my gear ready. Maybe 1-2 more weeks tops for pickup/tube/speaker alterations and I'm READY TO f**king ROLL BUDDY..

One is Never Wrong is surely a classic!

D
nope...nothing!!

Return to “Music Cafe”