The Composition - a respirator ambient track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I'm making this 50 minute exercise piece (for the wife - I might post it when done) and some strange and beautiful sounds appears. With bass in them. I think most ambient tracks I try to do has serious bass problems, but here there is something.

It's a very quiet piece, not much going on. You might enjoy it. I find it pieceful (which could be the same as boring).

Give it listen, if you like, and please leave a comment.

The Composition

10:15@256kbps = 19Mb

Listening now. Similar in feel to vurt's unplugged track, long stretches of ambient swatches punctuated by occasional random clatter. Meditative almost.

Unfortunately the bass was too low to be heard on my earphones, so I'll have give it another go tonight on speakers.

I can sort of hear the lows in my phones - makes a mighty click at the beginning to let me know they're there anyway.
Other than that it seems to be completely silent - this is going to have to be a LWH.

I listened on the cans - not that interesting. This is a piece for speakers, I guess...

Thanks for listening guys...

I did a remix: http://www.respirator.dk/the_composition_remix.mp3

Better suited for headphones, I think, but not so subtle...

Picking up the remix now; but like dystonia allready said; this is waaay silent and soft. Cranked up the volume here though on the first piece; it is quite gorgeous and very subtle

The remix has much more volume, a lot of depth, but for some reason indeed it lacks the subtlety of the initial version.

Still a darn good track

hehe this is great, my sub is vinrating and i can feel the bass but i hardly hear anything, its like music that registers through feeling, awesome.
im gonna try this through colleges pa :hyper:

love that rumbling :love:

Listened at home, and indeed, twas an ungodly rumbling. Most enjoyable when one can hear it.

Now, the remix.

Just listened to the remix - is this really the same piece? Maybe it's less subdued than the original, but it's really excellent. Beautiful floating textures, but always a solid edge, never gets too insubstantial. Has that slight otherworldly quality that your stuff always has.

Thanks all for listening,

Dystonia: It is indeed the same track - I just sort of lifted the blanket I put over the first one.

I like the remix, but it's not what I wanted initially which was a very quiet, rumbling piece of ambience. But sometime you take one step too many when reaching out for something new (or something).

Listened last night on speakers. I like the quiet atmosphere in the first one better. The low low rumble seemed to detract a little from the rest of the track for me, though. On the remix, I confess it made me a bit dizzy.

Shamann, thanks for listening. I'm not sure if this piece was post-worthy... and sorry for making you dizzy (or was that a good thing?).

Nice background music. Liked it.
Floop or die

love it!
my colleagues don't
ah - screw them

respirator wrote:Shamann, thanks for listening. I'm not sure if this piece was post-worthy... and sorry for making you dizzy (or was that a good thing?).
They were both totally post-worthy, the first in a low-key rumbling sort of way, the second in a disorienting vertigo kind of way.

Return to “Music Cafe”