i am looking for a label (track included)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi gang,
i have just finished 10 tracks, about 53 minutes of music.
now i am looking for a label to release it.
its all unmastered.
here is the half of the first song:
http://www.blaugruen7.de/otherstuff/blaugruen7.mp3
could anyone point me to a label where this sound fits?

Do your own footwork :roll:
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

thanks.

my question is actually not only that search for a label.
i am curious what you think about he music, too.

no one listened to the music?
or is it to far off from kvr?

Hi Gunnar, yes I was listening to your tune two days ago, but I forgot to tell you something. I like your tune very much. It has an interesting combination of instruments and I like it's atmosphere, but I can't imagine how to get a record-company with this kind of music.
"It dreamed itself along"

Amberience wrote:Do your own footwork :roll:
not verry supportive :roll: but he is right nether the less :(

the track is nice, its hard to get lables intrested in any sort of music, this is quite different

kind of eminem 8 mile meets jazz with a touch of IDR

keep pushing your self bro & keep up the good work

Subz

It's a very nice track.

Something's not right about the drums though... I am not quite sure what... Maybe if you tried centering them a bit they would sound fuller and stronger (maybe add some more compression?).
As for the label... well, I can't be of any help in this matter but still... You also asked about opinions concerning your work so here is my bit. :)
Regards,
Veith
Last edited by Veith on Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mellotronaut,
thank you very much for your feedback.
but please explain me your perspective why i couldnt get a label?
i can imagine some indie label releasing "freak" stuff.
the world is full of them.

veith,
the drums are definitely wierd. i am thinking of bass content especially.
:-)
some tracks bass is "in order".
in this track definitely not.
"multi bassiness"
Last edited by gunnar on Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I enjoyed this track, and I think you're definitely talented. Try Jazzland records. They put out music like this, and they have pretty good distribution (Universal).

Ciao

gunnar wrote:mellotronaut,
thank you very much for your feedback.
but please explain me your perspective why i couldnt get a label?
i can imagine some indie label releasing "freak" stuff.
the world is full of them.
The problem with indie labels is, that they get every day several demos from all over the world. Even, when they tell you, they will listen to your stuff, they often only listen to the first 30 seconds of the first track of a record and then put it away and forget it. Moreover those indie labels sign only one or two artist per year, because they can't afford more.
Every indie label needs a balance between weird stuff and commercial success.
Is it necessary for you to earn money with your music? If not, there are many ways to get listeners and a good feedback in the net. If yes, you have to get kontact to somebody, who's in the business and likes your music. Best is, you're giving concerts. You can sell many more disks, when you're doing livegigs. Even, when you're looking for a label it is much easier for you.
Anyway, I really like your song (the part I've heard) and appreciate your sax'work. I would buy your disk, if the other tunes have a similar quality. :)

When you say label, what do you mean exactly?

Do you mean for paying your reproduction fees or for distribution?

Labels are easy to find and mostly try to cash in on the reproduction, which means you pay €1000 for 1000 CDs and they put it in a few shops for you.

Or you can just get a label yourself.

richard

ah, I see you are in Germany:

Write to Frank Fielder : fiedler@starfish-music.de

Website is here with some stuff, www.starfish-music.de. Say richard from lovepirate gave you the address, he is in Bremen. Not sure if he wants non-accoustic stuff though.

cu

richard
Last edited by bluelife on Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I forgot to say: I don't want to discourage you. It's a hard business with friendly speaking people. Just try it!

Return to “Music Cafe”