... and so spoke the glacier, part 2

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...a sounds piece from my exploration of sound toys, this time is a SRE 555 doing all effects (delay and reverbs)... i try to figure out how to use this beast during composing but im getting a hang of it pretty soon...

its became a groove ambient piece and it continues the emotions from the first part of ... and so spoke the glacier...

enjoy...

... and so spoke the glacier, part 2

Used stuff:
VAZ
ImpOscar
Absynth
Reaktor
Stylus
Voxengo
Roland SRE 555

Having lived near a rather loud glacier during last summer I was curious.

That's a pretty freakin' nice groove your ambient song has.
I'm guessing the Roland is an echo box judging from the huge sound?
There's a really nice physicality and presense to most everything in there!
Are those synthetic drums of some sort? Perhaps that's what the Stylus is?
Very nice.

runagate wrote:Having lived near a rather loud glacier during last summer I was curious.
i think part one is more likely to sound like a loud glacier ... link to the kvr thread

runagate wrote:That's a pretty freakin' nice groove your ambient song has.
I'm guessing the Roland is an echo box judging from the huge sound?
Yes, the combination of chourus, spring rev and tape echo is just huge sounding
runagate wrote:There's a really nice physicality and presense to most everything in there!
Are those synthetic drums of some sort? Perhaps that's what the Stylus is?
Yes, stylus and the new ens of reaktor 5, they are really good for synth drums
runagate wrote:Very nice.
thanks

Missed the previous one (which I allready now dl'ed from your way too empty site) and haven't listened to this one yet either; saving it for the morning ;)

mystahr wrote:Missed the previous one (which I allready now dl'ed from your way too empty site)
:x , argrhrghr let the old man get his stuff together :) ... im just working on getting my real site up and running...
... in combination with a new cd release :-o
mystahr wrote:and haven't listened to this one yet either; saving it for the morning ;)
you got me thinking... the track got some early birds in it... its slow and rising... now that you mention it, its a morning track

cheers

:lol:

see!

naaah; I rarely listen in the eves, especially with stuffed nostrils and annoying mixers

mystahr wrote:naaah; I rarely listen into the dark elves, especially with stuffed gnomestrils and annoying pixies
yes, im also more into dawn fairies :D

liked this , alot ...
for some reason , i want to spill the wine and dig that pearl ...

normal wrote:liked this , alot ...
thanks
normal wrote: for some reason , i want to spill the wine and dig that pearl ...
or was it girl!

... you dont mishear, the word fish is in there... nowdays i try to get some "known" kvr jargon in every song , more or less hearable :)

Excellent again, I loved part 1 and this was a nice follow up! Wonderful atmosphere.
Image Image

First played the previous version and indeed the birds fitted the time of day.

This one now:
Beautiful clarity in the mix where all the elements are very well balanced. Soft, soothing yet also rhythmically swaying.

I'm liking this lots :)

Now bring more please

The bass is cute. An birdies! Nice track.

Yes, is there a #3 on the way?

polyslax wrote:Excellent again, I loved part 1 and this was a nice follow up! Wonderful atmosphere.
Thanks for your kind words

mystahr wrote:First played the previous version and indeed the birds fitted the time of day.

This one now:
Beautiful clarity in the mix where all the elements are very well balanced. Soft, soothing yet also rhythmically swaying.
Thanks, the real spring reverb makes it all clear and separated, now everything will have a touch of it :)
And of course the delay makes the rythm alive... it not synced to the bpm and its tape so both rutms and pitch modulation makes it real and alive.
mystahr wrote: I'm liking this lots :)

Now bring more please
I will :D

Return to “Music Cafe”