in threads of red by [slow/dark industrial] by :10:

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm liking this lots; especially the piano coming in in the second half. Beautiful and haunting.

One thing though I should emphasize is how this tune deserves a bit of looking into down-eq'ing overlapping and/or non-significant frequencies of the separate tracks. As it is now there's an awful lot of clashing happening making it at times sound totally smashed and some sounds don't even get through anymore. If you'd cut out eq's in the independent tracks you'll probably come with a much more breathing mix where the content will only grab the listeners throat more.
How to eq? That is really something that needs to be learned by ear and by experience. Putting some time into that though will become quite rewarding (at least in my experience it has; and I still have much to learn)

thanks for the listen...and your right...it does need some EQ...:)

It was just something I threw together last night.
maybe i will go back in and work on it some more

Really enjoyed this, Sean.

I agree that the mixing/EQing could use some extra attention. Definitely finish this one, all those small sounds in the background work really well with your style.

Thanks for the bump; meant to listen to this when I saw it posted last night but it was too late to fire up.

Listening now.

:D
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Why haven't you posted this at the Auditorium?

:x
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Sickle wrote:Why haven't you posted this at the Auditorium?

I saw it posted last night but "it was too late"
.... 8)

soon....when ever i get around to it.. :oops:

thanks for the comments. i will try and eq this bizatch up. :roll:

I like the off beats in this one. I didn't think I was gonna agree with the EQ'ing comments; then the piano came in. Still, it depends on what you're going for. Maybe the piano isn't supposed to take over.

Sickle wrote:Why haven't you posted this at the Auditorium?

ditto

lates

t-willy

Like this a lot - lots of fine detail... I agree with the eq thing too though - something sort of hollow about the mix - seems to be the background sounds more than the piano lead, which sits at a nice level and contrasts well. Very very good.

This sounds fine on earbuds, very lively.

Cool track. Like the grinding, dusty quality.

updated with "hopefully" a better mix. added a few small elements that no one will probably notice :)

may still need some work...drums may be too far back this time.

so,...enjoy :)

Sean,
The drums sound fine to me - not intrusive, but definitely adding to the overall feel of it.
I really like this alot, for all the reasons previously given and some more besides. I wondered if the piano solo part at the end might continue a little longer to draw the melody out, but otherwise the structure is very sound.
Very effective overall :D
Mild-mannered web designer by day - tired web designer by night.

Return to “Music Cafe”