hip hop prod in progress by Maxx

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

You'll find below a link to the hip hop prod i'm currently working on (instrumental only) i have built the song using an accapella i found on the web (a mos def song).
I am rather happy with the mix but i have no sub woofer to appreciate the low frequencies. I would be glad to get your feedback on the song : global athmosphere, effectiveness of the beats, overall mix, balance of the instruments, ...

http://alexandreguillet.free.fr/Sans%20Titre-02.mp3

Thanks!!

The drums are tight! I like. The only suggestion I would make is put the sound effects in the background, because they tend to take away attention from the vocalist.

BTW, good pick on the acapella, Mos is one of my favorite artists.
Last edited by jones-y on Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"prod"?! au secours!

NICE percussion, and miscellaneous candy! just the right balance of space and "treats" in the mix :D

I must confess, I didn't read the original post thoroughly (missed the bit about the acapella) saw the domain name, and was a bit disappointed the vocal was english and not french... ;)

jones-y wrote:The drums are tight! I like. The only suggestion I would make is put the sound effects in the background, because they tend to take away attention from the vocalist.

BTW, good pick on the acapella, Mos is one of my favorite artists.
Agree with all of this.
The following statement is true.
The previous statement is false.

thanks for the feedback! i am happy with the beats too. the melody is poor though and is rather here as an effect or athmosphere element. I need to work the patterns too coz i'm using few variations. i have no clue of what mos def is saying in this song ;) my english is not that good. maybe the breaks are not really synchro with the different parts of the song but i can't figure.

Return to “Music Cafe”