Remix Unique 3

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There's a remix competition going on at Poke Records to remix bleep classic Unique 3- The Theme. Anyone fancy it?

My entry is going to be along these lines. Any comments from the kvr jury?

Thanks for listening, and big thanks to jdg for letting me steal some of his lovely textures.

I like this! esp. how the bass and drums square with the pad stuff and create that vibe :love: , like a more civilised version of Aphex Twin
ca Richard D. James-Album..

Beats are great, very "choochcat" from what little I know of your stuff

Is that Cheeze Machine? You're a bit of a cheeze machine man ;)
Reminds me I need to use it more.

Marco :)

Thanks for listening. Glad you like it. I was going for a kind of B12 feel.
Bonteburg wrote: Is that Cheeze Machine? You're a bit of a cheeze machine man
Yep. I love cheeze machine, even after all these years. There's something very lovely about it. I know I should be able to use other synths to produce a sound like my favourite couple but can't. :hihi: A velocity-sensitive cheeze machine would get infinite use.

We.

Are the original.

Acid house creators.

We hate all commercial house.

Masturbators.

TUNE!

Good remix, too.

DWb wrote:TUNE!
Aye. Proper dirty.
Good remix, too.
Thanks. :)

No idea about the original or what has remained of it, so I'll just base my views on what I hear.

Razor sharp percussion with a glitchy feel on top of a beautiful melodic field. Great flow in here

Thanks. Glad you like. :)

There's nothing worse than people shamelessly bumping their own thread in the music cafe :x

like it. you think it's one thing, then it turns into another ... for a while. nice flow.

one thing that doesn't quite make it for me: the repeating square-waveish synth riff that appears at :20 and after. it's a sound that tastes like a wrong spice in the dish.

rachmiel wrote:one thing that doesn't quite make it for me: the repeating square-waveish synth riff that appears at :20 and after. it's a sound that tastes like a wrong spice in the dish.
:hihi: That's more or less all that's left of the original. Ah well. Maybe I should just make it my tune...

Damn - i'll have to tell Pat & the rest of the lads - they'll be stoked that people are still actually listening to this.
My first musical claim to fame was that I helped create the bass tone on the theme.

> That's more or less all that's left of the original

aha! then it has, at least, sentimental value. :-)

diverdee wrote: My first musical claim to fame was that I helped create the bass tone on the theme.
Wahey. And speaker-destroying it was. I remember falling over when I heard it once.

Interesting little titbit.
Pat was the only original member of unique3 who survived when they got the record deal.
by the time the record deal came there were actually four of them.
Kevin (Boy Wonder) one of the other originals became one half of the original nightmares on wax (back when they were still releasing extremely dirty housey techno).
Bloody hell this all brings back some memories - will have a listen to your remix now.

Yeah - really like the remix.
I'm gonna get hold of kev & some of the others - see if they'll give it a shot themselves.

Return to “Music Cafe”