Hero

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[edited: new title]

The title was accidental - they played the Chinese movie thus entitled on the telly while I did the recordings for this. But the title is also appropriate. There are to guys who could be described as heros who partly inspired this. One for beautiful noise pieces (and a tip for ordering pedal chains) and one for reminding me of the guitar as noise source.

Hero

Guitar, pedals, computer mangling.

The ending should/could be panned for interest?
Last edited by respirator on Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

You are allready a hero to me. And this track only underlines even more why

C'est tres tres beau (even though I can't play it loud as of yet)

Revisiting in the morrow

This is some good heavy stuff.

There are several parts that sit maybe a little too squarely in the centre, And the bass frequencies could maybe heavier. But why nitpick, sounds so good.

Indeed; no reason for nitpicking; sounding great

Playing it loud here now; another bite from the apple 8)

Shamann: This was mixed on cans. Maybe I'll revisit the bass and stereo image. Or more likely use what I've learned here to make something else :-)

Mystahr: Thanks for listening. If you discover anything while listening loud, let me know... Now on to your drummachine track :-o

i dare a bump

Pretty majestic sounds, nice sense of space... manages to be both noisy and very musical, which isn't the easiest thing to do but you've done it well. I agree with Steve that the bass frequencies could be much thicker, though.

respirator wrote:Or more likely use what I've learned here to make something else :-)
I think that is always a good way to go.

Phew..

Nice, man! You're taking to the noise stuff pretty well.

:D

All this needs is to be thrown into Flatblaster and the bass issues are over..

:hihi:
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Massive sounds here. Great structure. Not a million miles away from some of the more out-there sludge/doom metal stuff.

I like the contour of all the sounds here, but agree with others in that I think the power chords would benefit from some extra bass. I'd like to hear them really punch through everything else, but maybe that's just because I'm thinking of the aforementioned metal stuff.

Excellent piece.

sounds like a cyclone,the thundering roar of nature somehow,with amazing fog horn noise and dramatic string type sounds.

From sludge/doom metal to fog horns, I'm thankful for your times and your ears.

Cron: My non-existent knowledge of genre makes me ask: what are sludge/doom metal?

respirator wrote:Cron: My non-existent knowledge of genre makes me ask: what are sludge/doom metal?
A good example of Sludge is my old band, Floor.
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

I'm not hugely familiar with either genre, but I was thinking of bands along the lines of Sunn 0))), and some of Boris. Both of them have stuff up on Emusic.com

Return to “Music Cafe”