My first electronic life gig!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My first electronic life gig!

Just want to share with you guy's (and girls).
Had 2 today's a go my first electronic life gig.
I had a topic a while ago here asking for some Asian stuff. Well 2 day's ago we had our gig. (my on laptop my girlfriend on harp.) Our preparation where not optimal at all (we where stressing the whole afternoon before the gig to get the songs right and to get the newest ideas worked out.) The show was at this squad bar, the party was organized by some university student. So we did have a very mixed crowd. Because of the cheap microphones the did have over there, the harp could get loud otherwise it would feedback, and my laptop had to be in same volume level as the harp, so we could play loud at all. During the gig sometimes we could hear the public talking. With was very, very disturbing. We didn't have a good feeling getting off of stage, but after a lot of people, (I mean a hell of a of lot people, I did a lot punk shows, and punks are quiet easy to please, but I have never have so many) told my that it was great! So right now I really want to do this thing again!!!!!
I just feel great about it. (people who helped my with some plug ins, thanks!).

Congrats! The first gig i did in U.S. was awesome too. I had to work like a donkey to sequence about 25 songs. It was a 3 hour show. Went really well. THe darn lil kids were annoying as they ran around and played and stuff, but otherwise it was really good. The people who hired me were pleased with the performance that they gave me more than what i asked for. :-)

Can i ask you what software you used? What style was the music?

I used Life and Reason, the music was Asian based, triply beaky stuff. From Hip Hop Beat to Break core stuff basicly. Everything with a nice experimental touch.

Return to “Music Cafe”