a different take-now with rachmiel's mix

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

a different approach to my latest tune. very much like it....nothing like it.... didn't use the super-magical-tears-running-down-your-cheeks tuz voice at all this time.

www.zigara.com/musiki/little_fella.mp3

edit: rachmiel did something that really made my day. he did a mix of this. thank you dude. :) you can listen here:

http://home.comcast.net/~t.uz/rachmiel.mp3

this is insane! people listening three times :p , doing mixes... crazy. i think i'm happy tonight. :)
Last edited by tuz on Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

This is both crazy and enchanting in equal measures. I've listened three times now in a row.

shamann wrote:This is both crazy and enchanting in equal measures. I've listened three times now in a row.
three times!!! :-o thank you so much man. i didn't think anyone could get past the first minute.

I like this a lot. Rachmiel's mix is really good too, low-key extraterrestrial-hash-den sort of vibe.

> low-key extraterrestrial-hash-den sort of vibe

guilty as charged: i just saw the twin peaks movie again. ;-)

dystonia_ek wrote:I like this a lot. Rachmiel's mix is really good too, low-key extraterrestrial-hash-den sort of vibe.
thanks dude. yeah i like rachmiel's version better than original. :)

@rachmiel: never watched that movie. maybe i should.

and a little bump. curious about reaction and comments. :)

> never watched that movie. maybe i should

its "payoff" depends on whether you knew/watched the series (twin peaks). if you did, the movie is a big gift, a smorgasbord of depraved borderline kitsch that serves as a satisfying ending for the show. if not, you might find the movie slow and confusing.

what i really love about it is the equal mixture of horror (really deep), surrealism, beauty, and goofiness. watching it feels like taking a hallucinogen.

I didn't like the movie much the first itme I saw it. I was a big fan of the series, and somehow felt it missed something.

A few years later I saw it again, and found that I quite liked a lot of it, but that it was seriously hampered by the very poor acting of the actress who played Laura Palmer.

I'm pretty sure there was a reason she was resigned to being a dead naked girl in the first episode of the series.

> I'm pretty sure there was a reason she was resigned to being a dead naked girl in the first episode of the series

;-) i've seen her in several things since twin peaks and i've been quite impressed with her acting. she's got a depraved intensity combined with next-door girl looks.

tuz wrote: didn't use the super-magical-tears-running-down-your-cheeks tuz voice at all this time.
what did you use?
sounds like a drunken trumpet player :D
interesting timbres and for some reason i find it tugging at my heart strings, its like musical loss :o

(you ever heard sebastien tellier? one or two pieces of his have this kinda feel, but somehow its very different)

rachmiels mix reminds me of the scene in time bandits, "me and my shadow..." :D

> like musical loss

nice. i can hear this too.

Nice and entertaining. Sorta reminded me of the atmosphere in "So Happy" (as well as other moments) off of Steve Vai's "Flex-Able". :) They told me I was gonna get a balloon!
Regards, Mike

thanks vurt and mn for giving it a shot. :) gonna check out tellier and vai (i remember listening to vai a long time ago, guitar genius right?)..

trying to understand the meaning of musical loss. what does it mean? sorry i'm such an idiot.

Return to “Music Cafe”