Circuit Bending: That was easy. [plunge-ambient]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Image I was playing around with some circuit bending instructions from Make Magazine vol. 04 yesterday. The button isn't all that useful, but it was a good crash course in bending if you're interested.

In case they don't have Staples where you are, it's an office supply store whose commercials claim their convenience is like having an easy button for your life. Now you can buy the goofy little easy button in their store for $5. It just says "That was easy" when you press it. I got mine from someone at work.

Here are the <SARCASM>amazing raw sounds</SARCASM> I now can make with the button. Okay, not too impressive, I know. Actually, the 1/4 inch jack coming out of the side of the little plastic button is the coolest part. And, I put a little LED above the word 'easy' on the button. It lights while the sound is playing.

I made a little song and wanted to share it here. Dumb, short and ambient. Just like I like my women. Just kidding. That doesn't even make sense. Sorry.

[edit] By the way, the song starts with sounds from the button. Bass and snare are the buzz sound (snare is modified) and the voice is... well, the voice. When the synth and bass come in, it's mostly Logic Pro sounds. Just switched from DP to Logic and I'm loving it.

EASY
Last edited by plunge on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Surreal!

Cool! The low tech accents really give that track something different. Only problem maybe is that there's only so much you can do with those words. Nice track!
"...Everything we see or seem is but a dream, within a dream."
MySpace site: http://www.myspace.com/MarcJX8P
Virb: http://www.virb.com/marcjx8p

Thanks for the feedback! @Marc: I know. I probably could do a little more with the sounds, but I had already spent most of the day yesterday doing this. I wasn't really in the mood to keep tweaking the song. Especially with such a goofy sample.

I'm kind of hooked on this little circuit bending junk now. Everything that makes noise I keep thinking, "I wonder what would happen if I opened that up and screwed around with it's wires?"

Return to “Music Cafe”