Temporary title Moon Dancing, maybe not, what

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I titled this one rather quickly so I am not sure whether it will stick. My latest (done a week ago, have not touched my gear since, a bit of a slump I am in) a mix of hard and soft and minimal eq.

http://www.sonicera.com/Moon%20Dancing.mp3

what ya think? 8)

bump :D
(will listen later...)

soniccat...that was a very lovely place to hang for nine or so minutes...Very beautiful use of dronology. I listened on head-phones and was quite transported...I liked the pulse thwopping but -subjectively- it was a bit intrusive at times...like I was in the woods, awash in moon-light, but there is a helicopter flying around with a search-beam looking for perps. My own thing, I admit but it may be mixed a bit too upfront and steady-volumed. Otherwise...gorgeous. Really, really pristinely beautiful.

It's a bit soft in volume as of yet, but pumped up to 10 it is rather beautiful.

The continual rhythmics are subtle while still being in the front, very nice touch there! Very clean production allready

chronotopic ...
candesent ...
chiaroscuro ...

suburban grilla wrote:bump :D
(will listen later...)

Cool, :)

mayan wrote:soniccat...that was a very lovely place to hang for nine or so minutes...Very beautiful use of dronology. I listened on head-phones and was quite transported...I liked the pulse thwopping but -subjectively- it was a bit intrusive at times...like I was in the woods, awash in moon-light, but there is a helicopter flying around with a search-beam looking for perps. My own thing, I admit but it may be mixed a bit too upfront and steady-volumed. Otherwise...gorgeous. Really, really pristinely beautiful.
Thanks Mayan,Maybe I need to fade that part back a bit. I see what you are saying, it does sit atop the mix a bit much. Will try a few alternate mixes and see what I can come up with. Thanks 8)

mystahr wrote:It's a bit soft in volume as of yet, but pumped up to 10 it is rather beautiful.

The continual rhythmics are subtle while still being in the front, very nice touch there! Very clean production allready
Thanks Mark, yea I have been timid with my volumes of late, not sure why, maybe I need to start mastering and using some of the tools I have here. :)

normal wrote:chronotopic ...
candesent ...
chiaroscuro ...
Thanks norm, great song title :D

sweet stuff
First minute's cool, kinda liquidy/splashy/fluidy sounding...
The pad/melody is indeed beautiful. I do like the "helicopter" but it is a bit intrusive at times, not enough to spoil the track though.
Pushing it back or varying its dynamics would sweeten the track no end.

suburban grilla wrote:sweet stuff
First minute's cool, kinda liquidy/splashy/fluidy sounding...
The pad/melody is indeed beautiful. I do like the "helicopter" but it is a bit intrusive at times, not enough to spoil the track though.
Pushing it back or varying its dynamics would sweeten the track no end.
Thanks grilla, yea I gotta agree, it does go on a bit too long. As I said I will see what I can do to tame the "helicopter" in the mix. :)

ooh swirly :ud:
flows around in the space between my ears like a cloud of green smoke ...

8)

but yeah tame the copter, does get a little intrusive here n there, but not overly.

vurt wrote:ooh swirly :ud:
flows around in the space between my ears like a cloud of green smoke ...

8)

but yeah tame the copter, does get a little intrusive here n there, but not overly.
Thanks John, ahh green smoke, the stuff of dreams.

On my to do list :D

Return to “Music Cafe”