HAMMER[SCAPE] puts the hammer down

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.hammerscape.com/mp3/thegreendestiny.mp3

This is about as good as I can do at the moment. How far away am I from playin' with the big boys as far as production and composition goes?

I'm too close to it now to really be objective, but I think it's mostly tight even though the transition into the bridge might throw some people. On the positive side, I think the riffs are very doom-zeppelintastic and it would be hard to be more concise. I also like the chorus.

What's your opinion?

Listening now...totally digging it... :D

I can't say a thing about the production (laptop speakers for now...i have to drive my "big" speakers pretty hard to get any kind of wholesome sound out of them, and i can't really do that at 3:05am :P ) I loved the composition though...I'll be keeping it til i can listen to it properly then i'll say a bit more about it. :tu:

It's not my forte really, but as far as I can hear you quite nailed the style you were going for.

:D

Hi Shane.
the production seems top-notch to me here. It's very tight and moves nicely.
I am not the right person to be giving feedback here, but it didn't seem that "doomtastic" to me, if you will; awfully clean and high. Perhaps it was my speakers, but it came across as more virstuoso then sludge. It definitely rocks, but wasn't as heavy as I was expecting. This probably says more about my expectations; it seems like you've accomplished what you set out to do, I just thought I'd offer some left-field feedback. i enjoy your stuff and envy your talent! :)
..what goes around comes around..

Return to “Music Cafe”