new instrumental up, "Too Macho"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What a tale to tell about this one!

as usual, playing around with Garageband wound up getting the creative juices flowing, and soon I had the basis for a jamming little number which featured me finally playing around with a wah guitar solo. So I uploaded it....

And 24 hours later, I deleted it - it just sounded so wrong, too heavy, too distorted, no space for instuments to breathe, it was TOO MACHO!

This one could have wound up becoming a mess as bad as the Nuclear Warrior Theme Song, folks! :)

Thankfully, some good taste and sense kicked in, and many hours of recording new parts, and doing judicious snipping and tweezing, yielded this mix which feels much, much better. The only questionable taste may still be the wah solo :)

Host - Apple Garageband 3, later imported and tweezed further using Cubase SE
AM Radio rhythm guitar - Peavey Wolfgang Special through Johnson J-Station
lead guitar - Peavey Predator Plus through Tech 21 Killer Wail pedal and into J-Station
clean rhythm guitar - Predator through NI AC Box VST plug-in
"Macho" stabs - Predator through NI Plexi Box VST plug-in
synth solo - NI FM7 triggered with Roland GM-70/GK1 on Peavey Falcon
bass - Dreibelbass through J-Station
drums - AppleLoops in Garageband 3
organ and piano/strings - Sampletank 2 LE

as usual, check out the song at my Soundclick site .

As well, for those of you who don't want to deal with Soundclick, you can also download this directly at this URL:

http://www.sendmefile.com/00311828

I'd like to hear what you think......
"Ooo, look at me, I'm making people HAPPY! I'm the Magical Man from Happyland! In a gumdrop house on Lollypop Laaaaaaane!" - Homer Simpson

Return to “Music Cafe”